Sunday, December 9, 2012

I am going to a Christmas cookie exchange party today.  Must say I am really looking forward to it, as it's dd best friend who is hosting it, so it will be no regular cookie exchange party.  I will take my camera.  We have to bring around 3 dozen cookies and I chose to make Ginger cookies, the recipe is here.

Then being the over achiever that I am (!!!!) when I was reading the Toronto Star newspaper on Saturday I stumbled upon the following recipe for "100 Good Cookies," which look like this:
The recipe says you can make 100 small cookies, I made at least 60 medium sized cookies.  The recipe is a keeper in my book and it is super simple to make:

100 Good Cookies

Ingredients:

1 cup salted butter, at room temperature
1 cup each: granulated sugar, light brown sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
1 large egg
1 cup each: Rice Krispies, quick oats, unsweetened desiccated coconut
3 to 3 1/2 cups all purpose/plain flour
1 tsp each: salt, baking soda, cream of tartar

In a large mixing bowl using an electric mixer, beat butter and two sugars until fluffy, around 2 minutes. Beat in the oil and egg. Beat in cereal, oats and coconut.
In medium mixing bowl sift 3 cups flour, salt, baking soda and cream of tartar. In 2 or 3 additions beat into cookies batter. If batter seems to moist beat in the remaining 1/2 cup flour.
Drop by teaspoonful in to parchment lined cookie sheets, about 1 inch apart.
Bake in preheated 350oF oven until slightly golden brown around 11 minutes.
Makes at least 100 small cookies.

I have posted another book review here, if you're interested also.
Today's Christmas Video is a classic:


Finally Connie asked me for a photo of my Wedgwood Christmas Ornaments I took this photo before I decorated the rest of the tree:

I have blown the photo up as much as I can.

13 comments:

Kaisievic said...

Gill, thank you so much for a great post - the ginger cookies look yum! Loved the youtube clip - absolutely a favourite and I adore your Wedgewood Xmas ornies.

Cheapchick said...

Yum, those cookies look tantalizing!

Cindy@NorthofWiarton said...

Yummy Gill. I do LOVE me some Ginger Cookies. I will share your photos & the recipes to the Recipe Exchange. Thanks.

Buttons Thoughts said...

Now those cookies sound good I think they would be delicious.
I love the video I think it is starting to feel a little more like Christmas. Your bulbs are beautiful. B

Jane and Chris said...

Chris loves that version of the song.
Jane x

Boyett-Brinkley said...

I am going to try the cookie recipe for sure and I love your tree. I have a collection of Lenox ornaments that my cousin has given me over the years but I don't put them on the tree -- too many little hands and running feet.

Anonymous said...

Cookies look yummy...I have no hope of dieting this month lol

Connie said...

Thank you so much for the pics of the Wedgwoods. Such beautiful ornaments.

Scumptious cookies. Could you UPS some to me? LOL!

Lena said...

These look delicious! Yum yum

bonsaimum said...

Cookies--oh yum. Your Wedgwood ornaments are beautiful.

beagleAnnie said...

Hi Gill,
Every day I enjoy your sharing Christmas video. Thank you! And your Christmas tree looks gorgeous.

Aodhnait said...

Lovely tree! I love Wedgwood...

Rose said...

I will try to remember this recipe for when my daughter gets home. It sounds like one we might make.

Hotel Stay - Dinner

As part of our hotel stay the kids had booked us dinner, breakfast and afternoon tea. Here is what we ate at dinner.  Everything was spot on...