Over the weekend a dear friend dropped off some Ontario Peaches for me. She got them from the Niagara region. She goes down there from Brampton each year just to pick up some peaches. She brought me 7 of them. I must admit, I am no expert when it comes to peaches. Do I like them.....yes. Would I travel over 100 kms just to get some freshly picked....no.
They were as good as they looked, very sweet and tasty.
I also peeled and chopped one to put in our sugar free jello. I had mixed feelings about this, and wouldn't put them in jello again, the peach flavour was over powered by the jello.
I had one jello leftover in the fridge with fresh raspberries in it, now they are one of my favourite combinations.
We also have strawberry jello with fresh or frozen sliced strawberries, we all enjoy that. Orange jello with drained canned mandarins, one small can divided between the four glasses of jello. Strawberry jello with sliced bananas. The grandkids love it when I make jello; it's a treat for them as they don't get it at home.
Are you a fan of fresh peaches? Do you like jello/jelly?




No comments:
Post a Comment