Monday, August 24, 2026

Choices...............

So it's a what would you do question?

You have $20,000 to spend on travel in one year would you:

  1. Four Smaller trips.
  2. Two medium trips.
  3. One big trip.
Smaller trips:  Three one week trips to the Caribbean all inclusive, various places.  One trip to a museum in the States; which is a bucket list item.

Medium trips: Further afield, i.e across the Atlantic Ocean, not in North or South America.

Large trip: A big road trip across Canada, possibly dipping into the States along the way. (Canada is expensive and this would be a road trip with many stops along the way)

I am making plans for the future, and I am not sure what would make more sense.  So looking for suggestions.  I am leaning to one of the options, so am genuinely curious your thoughts.  

Also how far ahead do you plan your trips when travelling?  For example would you book a trip now for the end of 2027?  Or are you all last minute bookers?  Do you have a favourite site you constantly check for deals?

I don't know by the way if we have that amount of money to spend, it's just a number I plucked out of the air....LOL

Update: With everything going on with the trade deals between Canada and the States, the States museum trip may be a no go until things settle down there.........which is very sad but even I can't justify going down there with the "orange one," and his cronies not playing fair.

No comments:

Choices...............

So it's a what would you do question? You have $20,000 to spend on travel in one year would you: Four Smaller trips. Two medium trips. O...