Friday, May 24, 2024

Why oh why do they do this?

Instead of releasing a whole season of a show they release it in dribs and drabs.  I think we have become spoiled, as we had to wait weekly for new episodes of shows.

I binged watched the first four episodes of Bridgerton; now I have to wait until June to see the rest.  I have read the book, so know what's going to happen, but even so.  Will say I enjoyed it.


After The Flood on Britbox, isn't quite as bad, as we will see the conclusion next week.  This also got rave reviews, but I found it a bit slow to get into at first.  Huge fan though of Sophie Rundle, really enjoyed her in Peaky Blinders.

We've made a start on the first series of this.  I think we are four episodes in, and I am finally getting the hang of it.  I enjoy watching Nicola Walker, she was in The Last Tango in Halifax, another really good British show.

Oh and just a quick thing.  I am really struggling to comment on other people's blogs.  I have no idea what is up with Blogger at the moment.

7 comments:

Joy said...

SO annoying, isn't it. Both the dribs and drabs approach and Blogger playing up. xx

Karen said...

I've just subscribed to BritBox after finding mainstream Cdn offerings pretty dismal. Looking forward to some quality evening entertainment,

Karen said...

Forgot to ask, have you watched Maryland that was running on PBS? Suranne Jones was one of the stars. It was excellent.

Anne in the kitchen said...

If I realize beforehand that a show will be segmented like that I will wait to watch it. Now, thanks to you, I know to just wait before I start watching it!
Blogger can be irritating sometimes.

Jackie said...

I know, I hate having to wait for the next installment of Bridgerton. Loved Unforgotten, and like you had a bit of trouble getting in to After the Flood.

God bless.

Patio Postcards said...

We just started After The Flood. I struggle with the police woman doing & knowingly, breaking the law with the DNA ... I know, makes for a good plot line (col). We really like Unforgotten.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I suspect they're trying to milk as much money out of it as they possibly can. I think the writer's strike probably had something to do with some of the shows being held up.

Sunday Song

Doris Day is a favourite singer of a family member.  So this song is for them.