Wednesday, January 1, 2020

In with 2020.......

Guess that says it all, and onwards we march into the 2020's.  Not sure about you, but I remember all the hype about going from 1999 into 2000.  Everything was going to crash and nothing would work.......but 2000 arrived and everything was fine.  I hope going into the 2020's it will be the same.

We will all be a little older, but with age I hope comes wisdom, so hopefully we're all a little wiser.

Our plans for this year are all still a little sketchy, but do have a couple of things we want to achieve.

House: finish renovating the downstairs bathroom.................that was only supposed to be a titivate the downstairs bathroom job, that has spiraled out of control...........more on that when it is all finished.

Titivate the upstairs bathroom.............HOWEVER...........after our experience with the downstairs bathroom I am truly afraid it will turn out to be a bigger job than we initially thought.  Also unlike the downstairs bathroom, I can't won't have it in an uproar for weeks on end........so hubby may have to take a week off to get the job done faster.

We will probably do other things around the house, but nothing planned yet.

Health: I must exercise more and lose weight to try and get me off these diabetes pills.  They are killing my stomach and I am not happy with them AT ALL!!  So it's all up to me to get off them......if I don't do the work it's my own fault.

Appleby Lane: I need to promote it more.  Make it's presence known on social media.  I also like the idea of podcasts, so may take a course in February at our local library.  I need to come up with new ideas and focus on what I like to do more, rather than what other people want me to do.  Which I guess is say no more often....LOL

Hubby is now working until he is 65, so four more years, so need to keep saving for his retirement.  I still use my savings pots for Christmas, Birthday's and my other pot.  Just used money out of the other pot towards buying a new vanity for the downstairs bathroom.  

Grocery shopping and menu planning..............grocery prices have just shot up I need to keep more of an eye on that and will do a blog post on that soon.  Menu planning has always been a weak point for me, but will will try and work on that this year as well.

Vacation..........not sure where or when we will be going away this year.  It will probably be in September (like always) but not sure where.......if anyone has any suggestions, we like to rent a cabin/cottage so we have kitchen facilities and have somewhere comfy to sit at night if that helps, we are open to suggestions?

One other thing I MUST MAKE AN EFFORT TO LEAVE COMMENTS ON OTHER PEOPLE'S BLOGS!!  I read blogs but hardly comment, I must remedy that this year!!

Happy New Year everyone!

11 comments:

Margie from Toronto said...

If you want to stay in Canada for your vacation - have you been to the Eastern Townships south of Montreal? Lac Brome to Magog - close to the Vermont border? I was there a couple of years ago and it was beautiful.

If you are willing to cross the border then I highly recommend Cape Cod - things will quieten down after Labou Day. We stayed id-Cape then it was an easy drive each day to other little towns. A day on Martha's Vineyard was also a lovely outing.

Enjoy the planning.

Caree Risover said...

Oh dear you have just reminded me of our low of 2019 with a seemingly never ending bathroom project and then the high that followed its completion. Happy New Year and best wishes with all planned renovations.

barbara woods said...

have the same problem myself , plan on doing better

Jackie said...

My doctor says I need to lose another 7 to 8 kilos.... Going to be tough going, but I will persevere. If I could see a downward trend on the scale I would be very happy.

The last bit of renovations we need to do is to put new flooring in the kitchen and dining room. We should be pretty much set for a long time then.

God bless.

Jackie said...

Hi

Jenn Jilks said...

What a hassle, those renos. They never go the way you think! Good luck.
Happy new year!

Chris said...

So good to have all these plans - I have none for this year, just to keep healthy and enjoy life!

Evelyn said...

You should come visit us in the maritimes!I will give you a personal tour of the village where I work!

Notes From The Frugal Trenches said...

Gill! How lovely to find you again! Funny story, a dear friend brought me some gifts for Christmas and you made them! I couldn't believe it, what a small world!! They are truly lovely.

Wishing you and your family (and business!) a wonderful 2020!

Winifred said...

Yes those makeovers often turn into major work. We just replaced our toilet & basin in the downstairs loo & the plumber ripped the old soap dish & toilet roll holder off the tiles taking one of the tiles & plaster with it. We can't get replacement tiles so.....
The kitchen is due for renovation but dreading it.

Happy New Less Hassle Year!

William Kendall said...

Happy New Year!

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...