Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Out with 2019...........

Can't believe it's already December 31st 2019.  This year has just flown by.  Not sure if it's due to the fact we are getting older.....I find time seems to fly by, or we have been busy?

I was trying to think back on the year and I guess at the beginning of the year we were busy sorting out bits and bobs for jobs we needed to get done this year on the house.  We made a list and I am pleased to say we completed the list, albeit in a roundabout way with some of the jobs.  What we did discover was that the easier jobs turned out to be more time consuming than the harder jobs.

We thought for sure we would have a heck of a job getting someone to re-caulk all the outside windows, but no that job seemed to go by without a hitch.  We couldn't do that job ourselves.  The biggest pain in the butt job was getting the air conditioning unit installed.  That should have been a simple job that turned into a real pain.  All the jobs that we did do this year were mainly general maintenance jobs that should be done every now and then with an aging house.  Although our home is only 13 years old.

Vacation this year was back to Britain.  We went for various reasons, and overall had an enjoyable time with good weather😲 I will say Britain and good weather don't generally go in the same sentence😋  It's still a very expensive country as far as we are concerned and will say we have no plans to go this year.  We find it very tiring so want a vacation this year doing our own thing.

Appleby Lane..............my new "baby" was started this year and for a new business it went well I think.  I learned a lot of new things regarding it and overall it was a very positive experience.  I have taken a couple of weeks off and now I need to figure out where to go with this; as you can only sell so many sets of produce bags...LOL  I want to stay true to what I like to make, so will go from there I guess?

Health wise, it's been a mixed bag for me and hubby and I guess we have to try and make 2020 a year when we concentrate on a healthier lifestyle as we are getting older.

Overall though 2019 hasn't been too bad of a year.  Tomorrow I'll post what our plans are for 2020.

Have a good New Year's Eve everyone...............


7 comments:

Jenn Jilks said...

Happy new year! We're happy to move into 2020.
We're just taking one day at a time.

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Happy New Year, Gill!

Karen said...

Happy New Year from my blog to yours Gil!

Margie from Toronto said...

Happy New Year - nice to see a post today - hope you had a lovely holiday.

Jackie said...

Happy New Year.

God bless.

Rose said...

Happy New Year!

William Kendall said...

Happy New Year!

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...