Thursday, January 2, 2020

Just like Hansel and Gretel......

Do you remember the fairy tale of Hansel and Gretel, where they leave a trail of breadcrumbs so they can find their way home?  You can read the synopsis of the fairy tale here.

Last week the girls came for a sleep over and amongst all the things they brought (they do not travel lightly!!) were their new slippers.  Paige had lovely little bear slippers, which were really cute and Nora brought these ones:

Aren't they gorgeous all furry and glittery.  I thought they were lovely; 24 hours later not so much!!!  This is where Hansel and Gretel comes in, unlike them though there was no trail of breadcrumbs, there was a trail of glitter where Nora had been...........all through the house.  A week later I am still finding glitter.....LOL

We had the following conversation about her slippers:

Nana: "I love your slippers Nora; I wonder where mommy got them?"

Nora: " Mommy didn't bring them, Santa did!"

Nana: "Oh well I guess I won't be able to get them if Santa brought them for you?"

This as Nora wanders off to do her own thing..............

11 comments:

Practical Parsimony said...

funny conversation!

Andi's English Attic said...

We had a similar problem with a glitter top. I just said it was a trail of twinkles a fairy left behind. (It also helps to think like that when cleaning.) Happy New Year.

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Glitter is not our friend here. I don’t mind it but, thanks to a 3rd grade teacher, my daughter has a glitter phobia and won’t be around it so no glitter here

mamasmercantile said...

Cute. Happy New Year.

Winifred said...

Oh dear glitter seems to be everywhere. It's a beggar to get rid of.

Rose said...

I bet Nana doesn't want any after all the glitter that has been left behind.

Jenn Jilks said...

That is funny!

Jackie said...

Too cute. Glitter seems to travel all over the place.

God bless.

Unknown said...

LOL I think Santa shops at Old Navy. :-) Not that you want any more glitter...

Cheryl said...

My daughter was nice enough to bring glitter wrapping paper with flamingos on it to my house to wrap a gift once. Couldn't get rid of the glitter for weeks.

William Kendall said...

Oh my!

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...