Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Stinking hot and humid on Monday.....

Not at all pleasant, however at least it didn't snow, like it did last week in the Prairies.


Monday morning there was some stunning clouds in the sky with such great height.  Here is a photo I took of one:
The sunrise was stunning Monday morning. I took this photo.

I did manage to get some grass cut after supper, otherwise it was a quiet day around the Acreage.  I put the 200th recipe into the "book" today.  However after talking to the publishers, I have input them in incorrectly so now have a mountain of editing to do.  I have input them in with paragraphs, so all the paragraphs have to go.  Not a huge deal really, but a tedious job none the less.

As you know I love chocolate, so thought I'd post some chocolate quotes, from this site:

A new British survey has revealed that 9 out of 10 people like Chocolate. The tenth lies. - Robert Paul

A chocolate in the mouth is worth two on the plate.

Anything is good and useful if it's made of chocolate.

What is the meaning of life? All evidence to date suggests it's chocolate.

Put "eat chocolate" at the top of your list of things to do today. That way, at least you'll get one thing done.

Nuts just take up space where chocolate ought to be.

Momma always said life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get. - Forrest Gump

Life is like a box of chocolates - full of nuts!

There's nothing better than a good friend, except a good friend with chocolate. - Linda Grayson, The Pickwick Papers

After a bar of chocolate one can forgive anybody, even one's relatives.

The bank of friendship cannot exist for long without deposits of chocolate.

There are only three things in life that matter - good friends, good chocolate and, oh dear, what was that other one?

Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton

Other things are just food. But chocolate's chocolate. - Patrick Skene Catling

Once you consume chocolate, chocolate will consume you.

Too much of a good thing is simply wonderful! - Deborah Fox-Rothschild

A little too much chocolate is just about right.

The three best pleasures in life are scratching, sneezing and eating chocolate.

Any sane person loves chocolate. - Bob Greene

Chocolate makes everyone smile-even bankers. - Ben Strohecker, chocolatier

Anything tastes better dipped in chocolate.

Chocolate doesn't make the world go 'round, but it sure does make the trip worthwhile!

The best things in life are chocolate.

Money talks. Chocolate sings!

Chocolate is nature's way of making up for Mondays.

Coffee makes it possible to get out of bed, but chocolate makes it worthwhile.

Chocolate is not a matter of life and death - it's more important than that!

If chocolate is the answer, the question is irrelevant.

Dip it in chocolate; it'll be fine.

If you've got melted chocolate all over your hands, you're eating it too slowly.

If you can't eat all your chocolate, it will keep in the freezer. But if you can't eat all your chocolate, what's wrong with you?

Chocolate is a serious thing! - Counselor Deanna Troi, Start Trek: The Next Generation

12 comments:

Tracey said...

Fantastic! Almost as good as eating....chocolate! xxx

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

Great thoughts and words to live by Gill!!! I think I'll have chocolate for breakfast!!

Unknown said...

Hello! I have just popped over from Tracey's blog to have a nosey, and like what I see! I used to live in Canada (Nova Scotia) when I was a child. Now in Lancashire. I can take or leave chocolate. It is very rarely that I eat it, but when I do, I love it! Good job I don't go near it very often then! Suzie x

Jenn Jilks said...

We had a heckuva storm in My Muskoka ! Your clouds are wonderful! OUrs were simply dark. Tomorrow I am posting the video I took of lightning. It was fabulous! I still cannot get a decent photograph!

Stephanie D said...

I have a magnet on my locker at work that reads; Save the Earth! It's the only planet with chocolate!

Stephanie D said...

I have a magnet on my locker at work that reads; Save the Earth! It's the only planet with chocolate!

MyBulletinBoard said...

I'm still reeling from the pic yesterday, but I know I'll recover the first time I spy chocolate.

Liz, The Republic

mommanator said...

nice, and greta your book is almost complete, editing is a pain, but do-able!

Stella Jones said...

I love your chocolate quotes. They are so clever and the pictures of the clouds are lovely. I think you are feeling more optimistic today? How's the arm and the tooth?
Blessings, Star

Canadian Saver said...

Great quotes :-)

I was so cold last night here that I had to put a blanket under my covers just to warm up my feet. brrr. so different than central Canada, obviously!

Strawberry Jam Anne said...

Love the chocolate quotes - they are all so true!

Pretty skies too Gill. A x

Karine said...

The heat and humidity is heading this way now, but only for one day. I hope it cools off for you guys soon too.

Hotel Stay

First of all thank you for all your birthday wishes.  Each and every one of them was greatly appreciated.  The kids bought me/us an overnigh...