Monday, June 28, 2010

Obviously I didn't kill them all then....

I see there are the odd red raspberry on the bushes between the weeds. So I didn't kill them all. I am still a couple of weeks away from picking as it's a bit early yet, but there may be enough to make some jam with again.



I managed to get the brown, cream and pink quilt block done on Sunday.  I am pleased to be so ahead of the game this month.  Sewing is at the bottom of the list at the moment; but with it raining again Sunday it was a good job to get done.
Now if you click on the photo of dh's finger you will see the full extent of his "wound."  Dh was harping on about the fact that he will have a deformed finger.  However as I pointed out, it's not like he's going to be giving up his day job as an electrician to be a hand model, now is it?
If you see me in real life, look on my forehead to see if you can see the word "Sucker/Idiot" on it.  That daft dog of ours has got me wrapped about her little finger/paw.  She doesn't like going out in the rain, just like me.  However on Sunday night she was hopping around, so dh tried to let her out and she wouldn't go.  Then I tried and she wouldn't go so I carried on sewing.  However I knew something was up, so I put on my coat and took her outside on the leash.  She went out no problem and both peed and pooped.  Only we would have a dog that likes us to observe her going to the bathroom.  Mind you she is probably laughing at me for being such a mug and standing out there in the rain with her!!

 
Then finally the thugs/protesters at the G20.  It's all over our news about the protests with the protesters complaining of police brutality etc.  One woman was complaining about the police, and how afraid her 4 year old daughter was.  Excuse me, but what sane parent would take their 4 year old child to a protest???

Here are more news stories  One thing I know for sure, the leaders of the G20 really need to rethink the whole meeting procedure, as at a cost of 1 billion dollars for a four day meeting (for both the G 8 and G20 summits) the whole thing is way out of whack.  That money could have been used for a much better purpose and hundreds of thousands of lives wouldn't have been disrupted like they were.

One thing I was pleased to hear though was that Barack Obama, didn't get it all his own way, that our Prime Minister finally found his back bone and stood up to him.  What good it did him I don't know, but finally a little bit of leadership from our "leader!"

7 comments:

DeniseinVA said...

Another enjoyable post Gill.

Jenn Jilks said...

I agree. Well said. $1 B is nuts.

Hubby tells me I spend more time pulling things that grow out than planting. Happy jam-making.

Stephanie D said...

Tandi won't go out in the rain unless I go with her, either. And even then, she'd prefer to just run out, pee and poop on the sidewalk and then run back in. So it's really in my best interest to go out with her and insist she go to the "potty place"!

MyBulletinBoard said...

Well good for your PM Nice to know somebody on the face of the planet has a backbone!!!. ~Liz

John Going Gently said...

wave that union jack
xxx

Karine said...

Ouch, dh's finger seems to be gouged right to the bone!!! That definitely looks very painful...

As for you raspberries, they look yummy! I love wild raspberries and was most alarmed when my mom told me yesterday that she was planning on pulling out her wild raspberry bushes as they're invasive despite her best trimming back efforts!!!

Rose said...

You have one dog that has you trained, we have four cats that have us trained...but I wouldn't give them up. I enjoy them too much.

Hotel Stay - Dinner

As part of our hotel stay the kids had booked us dinner, breakfast and afternoon tea. Here is what we ate at dinner.  Everything was spot on...