Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Poured down on Tuesday.........

so we went out on a road trip to a place called Singhampton.  Why Singhampton; well my dad said there was a place that sells firewood.  Found the place and sure enough it sells firewood and a bit cheaper than I can get it around here, which will save us around $140 to $200 for the three bush cords.  So now I have to find the money to order it.


By the way we saw a lovely property in Singhampton that we thought would suit us just fine, this one  What do you think?


We then drove to Barrie and went to the mall.  I picked up some Christmas gifts, so will put them away.  I also got to spend some time in Chapters book store which I love and picked up some magazines to read.  It was close to supper time by the time we got home. 


So I wonder if England will be kicked out of the World Cup today? 


There was a protest downtown Toronto by the Gender Justice Advocacy Group on Tuesday.  Not sure what that has to do with the G20 summit, but they protested..................I guess that is the start of all the protesting that's going to be happening.


Dh is going downtown also on Saturday as he is going to the Toronto FC game.  Fingers crossed the traffic won't be too, to bad?

Oh and finally....had some soup on Tuesday for lunch and yes it was hot.  However since then I have had chronic toothache AGAIN........I give up.........or those in the dental profession, what do think is wrong with my tooth?

12 comments:

Stephanie V said...

That's a lovely property with cows and horses to add to your list of chores. Oh, right...with that kind of place you'd have the hired hands to do all that fun stuff.

Cathi said...

Have you tried using a toothpaste for sensitive teeth? Maybe it's the hot/cold sensations that set it off?

Driving into Toronto on Saturday? Really depends where he's going, I think. We're avoiding going anywhere downtown this week. The security presence is incredible.

Strawberry Jam Anne said...

Sorry to hear about the toothache Gill. Have you had treatment on it recently because if so it be taking time to settle down. I've had that sort of problem in the past. I'm off to the dentist later today! A x

Unknown said...

That property looks very interesting!
I shall be watching the football later, I think it will be tense! Suzie xx

Rita said...

It is possible that your tooth is cracked and they have not caught it yet. An xray is sometimes needed to find the crack. Just a thought.

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

Hi Gill! You can't buy that property in Singhampton because I did!! ...don't I wish?? Whatta place, I cannot imagine living in a home like that!

I don't know what to tell you about your tooth--I say it must have some kind of fracture in it, but I also have to say that feeling "hot" is not a good sign...sorry....

MyBulletinBoard said...

Look at it this way: With the potential for 3500 beef and a limited sheep operation, they could do the mowing and you could retire the lawn mower. If you should get the urge to ride anything again, try roping a steer. Go for it.

Connie Walsh said...

You could pick that property up fairly cheaply. The market is a bit down...lol.

Kim said...

Oh just a wee bit o land huh? Could be your weekend house maybe?

Karine said...

That is a crazy property!!! I wonder if they'll find a buyer?

Sorry to hear about your toothache...have your tried using Sensodyne toothpaste?

Stephanie D said...

Just a cool 15 million, huh? Do you need more acreage to mow, Gill? lol

The Witch said...

Gill,
15 Million that's a drop in the bucket if you won the Super Max draw which is 50 Million!!!
Hope you've bought your ticket.
Well actually don't bother because I have the winning ticket.
I wish!!!

Hotel Stay - Dinner

As part of our hotel stay the kids had booked us dinner, breakfast and afternoon tea. Here is what we ate at dinner.  Everything was spot on...