Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Busy day again............

Doing what....well cutting grass of course.  Tuesday was a good day to cut grass.  Not too hot, infact it was actually a little cool.  I had to put my fleece jacket on.  Still I managed to get it all cut other than the field; that's Thursday morning's job.  I also got a bit of edging done, there is stil lots, and lots, and lots more to do, no doubt I'll get around to it all before the end of the year!!


I had to go out and buy gas for the lawn tractor.  Ended up paying 99.9 cents per litre, which is the highest it's been in a long time.  Mind you come Thursday it will be going up 8%, so if you are in Ontario, make sure you fill up today before it goes up in price.

While cutting the grass all the purple martins came out to play and swooped and flew all around me.  Sort of freaky thoug, reminded me of that movie where all the birds attack, luckily they didn't attack me, they were more interested in catching the bugs.  I actually saw one catch a moth which was so neat.

This afternoon, I am going for my yearly every other year physical.  Can't say I am looking forward to it.  The only good thing about it all, is that I have had all my blood work done and I have had a mammogram, so at least that's out of the way.  I need to have a form to get an x-ray.  Remember my arm?  Well it's not looking great and it still has a lump in it............so I had better get it x-rayed to make sure there isn't anything left in there {SIGH}  Oh and next Monday, I have an appointment to have my tooth pulled {{SIGH}}  I am fed up of being in pain, so decided to have it pulled.

9 comments:

Strawberry Jam Anne said...

Good luck with your medical Gill and hope you are soon free of pain. Sympathies. A x

MyBulletinBoard said...

Enjoy all that nippy weather! We're having a cooling streak here, too. Mid 80's F all week, right into July.

I certainly am glad you're staying on top of that arm. Had something similar a few years ago. Turned into a nasty abscess. You don't want to go there.

The ComputerSon tells me that Google had a large field to cut at their property (wherever!), and they leased, yes, leased a herd of goats with its own border collie from an agency in California that specializes in leasing herds. No kidding! Wonder if they transport across national borders?? ~Liz

Kelly Casanova said...

hope your medical goes well, you must be pretty fit from all that gardening?!

Leiani said...

At least you'll get all your health related stuff over and done with and then be fit and healthing to spend even more time in the garden! LOL

Niki said...

I am dreading the increase in prices coming july 1.

Hydro is supposed to go quite high, and of course the gas companies will not only increase for hst but will probably throw a couple of extra cents a litre on the price since we are all expecting higher prices anyway...sigh...it never ends, these taxes and cash grabs.

Take good care of yourself, hope all goes well :)
Niki

Stephanie D said...

Good luck with the medical and dental stuff. I'm with you--just take the darned thing out and be done with the pain and the expense.

Evelyn said...

thankfully ours is regulated so they can't put it up tomorrow, they have to wait til Friday

Rose said...

I was wondering yesterday(?) about your arm...I really had it on my mind to ask and by the time I read your post, I totally forgot.

I sure know what you mean about being in pain, though I am not in pain, I just don't feel normal lots of the time lately.

Anyway, I hope it isn't anything to bad with your arm.

DeniseinVA said...

We had a great day today, no humidity whatsoever and now I have the patio door and windows open and it feels wonderful. I'm enjoying it while I can as I know it won't last before it gets steamy and muggy again. Good for you getting your check-up, I too hope your arm feels better soon.
An English Girl Rambles

Hotel Stay - Dinner

As part of our hotel stay the kids had booked us dinner, breakfast and afternoon tea. Here is what we ate at dinner.  Everything was spot on...