Saturday, June 5, 2010

A couple of firsts on Thursday...............

I had to dry the laundry in the electric clothes dryer for the first time in months, as it rained for most of the day on Thursday.  However, I hung the clothes on the clothes horse for most of the day, so they were half dry.  Dh needed work clothes, otherwise I would have just left them to dry overnight.  I even had to put my jogging pants on instead of my shorts also on Thursday as it was cool. 

Then I went into town and bought a couple of Christmas gifts, the first gifts for the 2010 Christmas season.  Can't say what I bought, as they could read the blog. 

I tried a new recipe on Friday: Peach and Nectarine Muffins.  It was the monthly ACW meeting, so wanted to take some for the members to try.  I also supply the recipe for them as well.  Everyone liked them, and the vicar even had a couple.  I forgot to take photos, sorry.

Talking of recipes, I got all the editing done that I needed to get done in the book, so that's a good job over with. 

My arm is sore, but it's early days yet, so hoping things get better.

6 comments:

Stella Jones said...

That's the first I've heard of Christmas gifts and here we are in June. Someone has to be first! You will be all done with that by the end of October...

MyBulletinBoard said...

Know you're glad to have the book finished. That's a lot of work! Hope it will sell very well.

Liz, The Republic

Karine said...

I have to use the dryer for most of of my stuff and miss being able to use a clothesline dearly...clothes always smell so much nicer after drying outside in the fresh air!!!

I'll be saying prayers for your arm and for dh as well. Any news on the scan results?

flowerpower said...

Is everything OK? you did not post for 2 days fr. and sat.
are you OK hope all is well.

Sue.M

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

Hi Gill!! A lost internet connection at home has put me behind--I was just reading about your arm and am feeling a little woozy thinking about what you and DH did...I hope you are FINALLY on the mend!!
Since you mentioned your tooth which I hope is better too, Patients in our office are scheduling their next apts for 6 mos which is during the holidays--You are right to start shopping now, it'll be here before we know it!!

flowerpower said...

i should learn to read better lol i went back and looked at the date i only read your titles and all the hospital visits and did not look at the date.

Hotel Stay - Dinner

As part of our hotel stay the kids had booked us dinner, breakfast and afternoon tea. Here is what we ate at dinner.  Everything was spot on...