Friday, June 18, 2010

Busy, sorry, happy anniversary....

Thursday was a super busy day, I never stopped all day.  What with trying to get some grass cut, tidying up around the new cedars I planted. Writing the column for the Eden Valley Messenger and submitting it; never mind it was three days late this week....oops!  Actually doing a little tidying up in the house.  Going to the church hall in the afternoon to help with prep for the Strawberry Supper on Saturday, then travelling 50 minutes to Brampton, to meet dh at the doctors to get his results for his CAT scan; he's fine just has to keep on taking his puffers and nasal spray?  Then driving back home (we got fish and chips for supper on the way home).  Back out in the garden for an hour of edging the grass, barely made a dint in the edging.  Then making a start on cutting the field, I don't feel as though I have stopped all day.

So I'm sorry but I just haven't had the time to visit anyone's blogs.

Then today Friday June 18th is our 27th Wedding Anniversary.  Gosh the years have gone by fast.  No plans on doing anything.  Dh finishes work at lunch time to get home in time for the England vs Algeria game which is on at 2:15pm our time. Me, well I will no doubt be cutting the grass or ironing!!

Oh and a sort of sad thing.  I was watching Coronation Street on Thursday and it was when Rita told Emily that Ramsy had died on his way to Australia.  Emily put on a cd of Australian songs, and it played Waltzing Matilda,  I haven't heard or thought of that song in many years.  Poor Emily looked so sad and so old when listening to this song.

8 comments:

MyBulletinBoard said...

I'm still concerned about your country life. Can't imagine where you'd find enough energy to waltz anybody!! My stars!!

Sandra said...

Happy Anniversary Gill!!!

This time around I did click on the link and thoroughly enjoyed Waltzing Matilda:)

Unknown said...

I am happy to hear that DH is fine and his scan was ok. Happy anniversary to you both.. have a lovely weekend! Suzie xx

EG CameraGirl said...

Happy anniversary. Yes, the time does pass quickly, doesn't it? Too fast!

John Going Gently said...

I remember emily Bishop BEFORE she married Ernest!!!I am so old!
x

Strawberry Jam Anne said...

Gosh Gill you are so busy and I've left a tag for you at my blog - if you have time for it. A x

DeniseinVA said...

Hi Gill, Happy Anniversary! Waltzing Matilda was one of my Dad's favorite songs. We used to sing it when I was a young girl and I still remember all the words.

An English Girl Rambles

Lib said...

Happy Anniversary!
Have a great wk.end!
Blessins',Lib

Hotel Stay - Dinner

As part of our hotel stay the kids had booked us dinner, breakfast and afternoon tea. Here is what we ate at dinner.  Everything was spot on...