Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Chimney Sweep and other stuff...

Had the chimney swept on Monday morning and I have to say I was thrilled with the service they gave.  Excellent and super clean.  I did not smell any soot at all and there was no soot in the room either.  They even spray painted the top of my insert so it looks all brand new.  They were between $20 to $50 cheaper than everyone else; so that too made me very happy!!  Also because I had it done before the end of the month I saved on the PST (8%), so another plus.  I will definitley use these people again.

Below is a photo of Molly sitting looking miserable, as she wasn't allowed in the family room while they were cleaning the chimney.  They were in and out of the patio doors, so I didn't want her getting out and going for a frolick around the woods again!!



I talk about Molly in my column this week for the Eden Valley Messenger, here is a direct link to it


I have mentioned before a friend called Nita who has an online site called Phancy Pages.  She has a section called Blogs Around The World, and is looking for more people to submit their blogs to add to the page, contact her here

Oh and finally do you think Molly is comfortable?

12 comments:

Tracey said...

Bless her, she looks really comfy! What is she watching on the telly???!xxx

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

Hello Gill!! Good reminder to me about having our chimney cleaned. This was one of the reasons we didn't use our last winter, even though we really needed it.
Molly does look totally comfy--It doesn't get much better especially if she has the remote!
Enjoy your day!!

Leiani said...

Molly is adorable. She would certainly liven things up and keep them interesting at your place.

MyBulletinBoard said...

Sweet Molly. She has definitely found a home! . . . . . I always think of Mary Poppins when someone says chimney sweep.

Glad you have a dry spell now. Nothing to wear you down like too much humidity! Hope it helps you rest a little more. You work so hard! ~Liz

Karine said...

Molly sure does look comfy! Good for you for having the chimney cleaned, a lot of people don't do it and I hear about a few places every year that go up in flames because their chimney hadn't been cleaned in ages!

LHA said...

I've said it before and I'll say it again — Molly is adorable! She's such a sweetheart and you can tell she has real personality!

Loving the latest design of your blog, by the way!

Wendy said...

The only time I remember to sweep our chimney (we have a brush to do it ourselves) is in the fall, just as I'm starting the first fire of the season. ;)

Good for you for being so on top of things.

Unknown said...

Gosh, you have just reminded me that our chimneys will need a clean soon! I love the pics of Molly! Suzie xx

Bernard said...

Wish I'd had my chimney swept!
monkey-organ.blogspot.com/2010/06/coo-what-sight.html
Cheers.....Bernard
(Friend of Grumpy Old Ken)

Stella Jones said...

Molly does look comfortable, doesn't she and so trusting. We got our cat, Millie, from Petsmart. She had been in a cage for a while. It is a very rewarding experience to rescue an animal. Often you discover that they have a little problem, like Molly with her allergies. Our Millie was very lively and I mean, LIVELY. She climbed up on top of everything and knocked things (precious things) onto the floor. She was hard work and I think that's why she was homeless. However, that was three years ago and we still have her. She has quietened down a lot now and is lovely company. Every now and then she has a blip and goes berserk around the apartment.
I read your article in the paper and enjoyed it.
In answer to your question: when I am in England, my husband, Larry, looks after the garden over here.
Blessings, Star

Stephanie D said...

I miss having a fireplace. We had one at the last house, and when we bought it and I asked the previous owner when the chimney had last been cleaned, she gave me a blank look. I think that meant never.

So we had it done before we ever built the first fire and good thing we did--the guy stated it was a mess and we could have had more fire than we bargained for.

I tried that link to contact Nita, but it only took me to Bloggers dashboard--my own. I'll try to contact her through the main site.

Rose said...

I think Molly is mollycoddled! LOL I could not resist that, I have 4 cats the same way.

Hotel Stay

First of all thank you for all your birthday wishes.  Each and every one of them was greatly appreciated.  The kids bought me/us an overnigh...