Thursday, June 3, 2010

It's raining, it's pouring.........


It's raining, it's pouring

The old man is snoring

He went to bed and he bumped his head

And couldn't get up in the morning

Finally a good old fashioned downpour here.  It started raining on Wednesday afternoon around 2:30pm and was still raining when I went to bed.
 
I spent a bit of time cleaning up in the house.......why.........well I had the Vicar and a couple of other people coming over to go over a few things regarding the recipe book.  I need to have company more often if it means I actually get the cleaning done in the house.....LOL
 
I made Petticoat Tails for them from my trusty Be-Ro recipe book.
 
 
 
Blogger decided to turn my photo around, no idea why, and after fighting on with it for a while I gave up.  Anyhow, the recipe says you need a couple of 8 inch baking pans, I free-formed the shapes and placed them on a parchment lined cookie pan too cook with no problems.  Just remember to score the circles, where you want the slices and prick the tops with a fork before you put into the oven to bake.
 
Petticoat Tails is also called shortbread!
 
Terrible news about the shooting in Cumbria: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/england/10214661.stm  there are some crazy, crazy people out there.  I have actually never heard of the village of Boot, mind you I am not that familiar with the west coast of Cumbria, as we lived on the eastern side of Cumbria.

9 comments:

Tracey said...

Awful tragedy isn't it? (The killings, not having the vicar to tea!)
You actually got to sit down then, at least to have a cuppa. You should invite the vicar over more regularly! xxx

Decadent Housewife said...

Sad sad news.

Glad you've had some rain. We've been drowning down here.

MyBulletinBoard said...

It's hard to imagine something so ugly happening in such a lovely place.

Thanks for the recipe. . . . . . .Every time I hear the word vicar, I think of Hyacinth! We love her!

Still working on the morphing bread recipe. Added a 1/2 cup of potato flakes this morning. The A/C is running and the air is dry. Only got three loaves out of it this time.

Liz, The Republic

Stephanie V said...

I hope that your downpour is just enough for your garden.
The rainfall seems to be moving eastward...I hope that it doesn't remain as heavy for you as it was for us in the west.

mommanator said...

I love short bread! when am I getting mine LOL

John Going Gently said...

our vicar likes shirley bassey

chksnowqueen said...

I read about this sad story this morning and immediately thought of you and your brother, hopin all of your loved ones were safe. It is good to hear that they are.

Love the tipsy pots!

Christine

Anonymous said...

Your baking always looks delicious, and I have no doubt it tastes as good as it looks.

Pouring rain here too... I guess it's good for the grass!

Karine said...

I'm glad you finally got some rain! It's been raining on and off here all day too, we had to move our staff BBQ inside!

Hotel Stay - Dinner

As part of our hotel stay the kids had booked us dinner, breakfast and afternoon tea. Here is what we ate at dinner.  Everything was spot on...