Friday, June 11, 2010

A heart warming story

I was visiting Sandra's blog on Thursday and she had the most marvellous story about a lion on her blog.  Please take five minutes to read it, as its so worth your while, here is the link to it.

Below is a shot of the condo building that dd and boyfriend live in. 
Their condo is on the left hand side of the building facing east.  She is on the 21st floor; however there is no 4th, 14th, or 24th floor as 4 is an unlucky number in the Chinese culture.  Not sure about the 13th floor as a lot of people reckon that is an unlucky number also.  They have a teeny tiny balcony where you can fit a couple of lawn chairs, otherwise they have no outside space.

I will be showing some photos of the front entrance of the building on Sunday for Today's Flower as they had a couple of lovely urns outside with flowers in them.

I know I have mentioned this before, but we live pretty close to a cattle operation, where they keep 3,000 cattle.  I never hear the cows, but I smell them a lot!!  Anyhow all the manure goes into pits and trucks pick it up and they spread it on the crops.  While driving back from town on Thursday morning, what should pull out in front of me but one of those trucks.  The smell was vile, I mean really, really vile.  Thank godness I only had to follow it for a few minutes.  I don't know how those truck drivers manage to drive those trucks all the time.  I guess you get used to the smell?

Here is a photo of the roof of one of the cattle barns that we can see from our house.  As you can see from the photo its mainly camoflauged by the trees.



I managed to get to visit some blogs on Thursday finally.  If I haven't got around to yours, I will on the weekend, as its going to rain all weekend, so no gardening for me.

8 comments:

Tracey said...

So, at last a restful weekend then? Cow crap....the perfect country smell!! xxx

Arija said...

Ha, ha, ha! The driver gets the clean air in front of him while those following get the full force of rural flavour.

I like your SkyWatch shots as well.

Unknown said...

Ha ha ha! I always imagine driving in an open top car behind a smelly truck, even worse if a blast of wind (pun, oh dear!) blew some into the car hey?!! I couldn't see any photo of said stink vehicle! You certainly wouldn't want to get in a traffic jam behind that! Have a lovely weekend! WIth a peg on your nose! Suzie x

Sandra said...

Thank you for sharing the lion story with your readers, you are a gem:)

mommanator said...

yes that is quite a smell. I think maybe they are oblivious or something like that

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

I read the story--What an amazing journey the two have had together. I hope it all comes together and she's able to get the needed funds for Elsa...I need to find the Facebook page and take a look as well.

My husbands family are "beef farmers." Yeah, I know the smell too--And people say that dogs smell!! :-)

by the way, I hope your tooth and arm are feeling better!!

Strawberry Jam Anne said...

I've been trying to catch up with blogs too Gill - hope you have a great weekend. A x

Rose said...

What a story...the one about Elsa I mean. Thanks for posting the link.

Hotel Stay

First of all thank you for all your birthday wishes.  Each and every one of them was greatly appreciated.  The kids bought me/us an overnigh...