Tuesday, June 18, 2024

Oops, I did it again!

Today is our 41st wedding anniversary.  Got up this morning and saw that hubby had put an envelope on top of my laptop.  He leaves the house by 4:30 am for work.  My first words out of my mouth when I saw that envelope was *hit, *hit, *hit!!!  I had forgotten to pop his envelope with card in it on his lunch box for him!!

So I go and get the card to write it.  As I am writing it I am reading the verse and thinking what a lovely verse it was, then right at the end it says: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Again, *hit, *hit, *hit!!

So I call hubby to "confess" that yes I had forgotten our wedding anniversary and I had picked up a birthday card for him, instead of a wedding anniversary card!!

This is not the first time I have forgotten our wedding anniversary; but what's worse is I was just talking about it on my blog yesterday afternoon!!  Is this the beginning signs of memory loss do you think???

5 comments:

Maggie said...

Oh dear, I have to admit that I hardly ever remember mine, hubby get a card but as it falls on December 20th I have an excuse of being busy with Christmas pre 😅

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Oh oh - it's the sign of a busy woman! We rarely do anything to celebrate our special occasions and both of us refuse to spend money on cards that only get thrown away. We sometimes will go out for breakfast or supper but only if it falls on a day that we like to go out. Don't feel so bad about forgetting...I was astounded the other day when I told someone in a store that we will be married 43 years in September and had DH correct me that, in fact, it's going to be 45 years. Ooops!!
(Happy Anniversary to both you and your sweetie)

Jackie said...

It is a sign you are busy.... I am lucky if I remember to wish Hubby a Happy Anniversary verbally, never mind a card.

God bless.

Linda said...

That is hilarious. As long as you don't remember you are married to him, I think you are okay, just lots to remember every day.

Joy said...

Ooops - a sign of a busy life, I would say. xx

Sunday Song

From 1977 - Thelma Houston; Don't You Leave Me This Way I remember dancing to this......... However I prefer this version and remember d...