Thursday, December 22, 2022

Christmas Cookies

I haven't made Christmas Cookies in a couple of years.  I wanted to gift a single man something little, so decided on some cookies. I had most of the ingredients in the house.  Had the Christmas tin and the Christmas parchment paper, so set about doing a bit of baking on Tuesday.  

Had to admit, I thoroughly enjoyed myself and despite only making three things, it was relaxing.


All I made were shortbread cookies using this recipe:


I am on the fence with that recipe.  Yes it works, but I have made better.

I made chocolate chip cookies using this recipe from the Hershey's Chocolate Chip bag:



Again, these turned out okay, but I have another recipe I prefer.

Finally I made Christmas Crack.  I love this, it's both sweet and salty, as I use saltine crackers for the base.  I used this recipe.

The good news in all of this, is that hubby took some choc chip cookies to share with his co workers for their coffee break.  I put a couple bags in the freezer.  Had enough Christmas crack to snack on for a few days, I keep mine in the fridge.  Plus we had the shortbread cookies to snack on as well.

Believe me, I will be back on my less sugar diet after the Christmas holidays.  However that is another post in itself!!

Do you like to bake and do you find it relaxing?





6 comments:

Gemma's person said...

Yes , if it is only me in the kitchen. Too many questions otherwise. :)The cookies look yummy.
Take care. Just found your blog and will check back.

Maggie said...

Those cookies look delicious. I don't mind baking but can't say that I find it relaxing, any form of cooking is a bit of a chore for me, lol

Karen said...

I always bake too much!

Karen said...

I always bake too much.

angela said...

I no longer bake much. I do love it. But Everyone is eating less sugar and
There is always too much left over and well I eat it.
So now temptation is gone.
It’s so hard this time of year. But I keep on trying

William Kendall said...

My mother used to bake a hundred dozen in the weeks leading to Christmas.

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...