Friday, May 3, 2019

Answering a couple of questions.......

First about my ironing board.  I was asked why I put tin foil on the ironing board before I put the cover on.

Well as you can see by the photo below the metal is quite rusty.  So that the rust does not penetrate through to the ironing board cover I cover it with tin foil.  It protects the ironing board cover and hopefully will make my ironing board last a few more years. I wish it was something more exciting but it isn't.....
I was asked how to make the crib rail covers as seen here:
I basically googled how to do it and went from there.  I can't remember which site it was now, but below are a couple of links with similar ideas.  Each crib could be slightly different, so my advice is measure yours and adapt the pattern to your situation.  I did not use velcro as our little man can take off his bibs now when they have velcro so he would figure out how to remove the crib rail protector.  I was going to use snaps but I didn't have enough material, so ribbon/twill tape it was.  We'll see how that lasts!!

https://howdoesshe.com/padded-crib-rail-cover-tutorial/ (I think it was this one I used)

https://tashamillergriffith.com/2013/12/05/diy-crib-rail-covers-for-teethers-a-tutorial/

https://augustjoystudios.com/crib-teething-rail-guard-tutorial/

5 comments:

Jackie said...

Never even thought of using tin foil to keep the rust from my very old ironing board off the cover. Instead we went out and got a new one. Must remember this for the next time.

God bless.

William Kendall said...

Creative!

Jenn Jilks said...

I use my iron so infrequently these days! Good for you.

DeniseinVA said...

Very inventive and the crib rail cover looks pretty.

Ruth said...

Next time you need to put a new cover on your ironing board, take the old foil, crumple it and use it like sandpaper on the rust - it just might take it off, or at least some of it. In the past I've used aluminum foil to "sand" rust off the chrome legs of a dinette set. It really works on chrome, never tried it on anything else.

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...