Wednesday, May 11, 2011

I knew I shouldn't have, but I did......

I went and cut the grass.  Well not all the grass, as I was busy with other things during the day, but I did nearly three hours worth, and have all around the house done.  Just have the field, Kamikaze Hill and the front ditch.  I could have done part of the ditch but I wasn't happy about flying up and down the hill.  Must be getting soft in my old age!!  Also I need to clean out the ditch of garbage, which I haven't got done yet.  So I am thinking a good three hours probably more for the field and probably under two hours for Kamikaze Hill, then I should be done.

Not sure when I will get around to doing it though, as I have work today and then it is going to rain until next Tuesday.  Have to fill up my gas tanks also this week, so I am guessing with filling my car as well, I think there won't be any change out of $100.

I spent Wednesday morning in the attic tidying up and then painting all the trim.  That took over 2 1/2 hours to paint everything and I class myself as a fast painter.  I am hoping on Friday it won't take as long.  I have to say the days are just flying by as there is so much to do.  The flower beds are full of weeds, I could spend a week on edging the gardens and whipper snipping all the edges around the property.  Oh well it will get done when it gets done...

Enjoy your Thursday, and think of me slaving away at a computer!!!

3 comments:

Cathy said...

Yes Gill - but think of payday - and the cost of fuel lol

Valerie said...

Sounds as though you could do with a full time gardemer. I'd be feeling quite weary if I had to do all that you do.

Jane and Chris said...

We spent all day outside yesterday, barely made a dent. We are getting gas for the tractor/mower/tiller etc on Friday..you'll hear the gasp as I see the cost!
Jane x

Hotel Stay - Dinner

As part of our hotel stay the kids had booked us dinner, breakfast and afternoon tea. Here is what we ate at dinner.  Everything was spot on...