Thursday, May 12, 2011

No idea what has been going on with blogger?

I haven't been able to access it for the last couple of days?  Has anyone else had the same problem?  Stinking humid here today.  Just going to start a big pile of ironing, will fill you in on all the goings on tomorrow.

"To Win Her Heart," by Karen Witemeyer

"After completing his sentence for the unintentional crime that derailed his youthful plans for fame and fortune, Levi Grant looks to start over in the town of Spencer, Texas. Spencer needs a blacksmith, a trade he learned at his father's knee, and he needs a place where no one knows his past.

Eden Spencer has sworn off men, choosing instead to devote her time to the lending library she runs in the town her father founded. When a mountain-sized stranger walks through her door and asks to borrow a book, she's reluctant to trust him. Yet as the mysteries of the town's new blacksmith unfold, Eden discovers hidden depths in him that tempt her heart.

Eden believes she's finally found a man of honor and integrity. But when the truth about Levi's prodigal past comes to light, can this tarnished hero find a way to win back the librarian's affections?"

This was another easy book to "get into."  If you like romance and a story set at the turn of the century you will love this.  This story shows how despite an "unsavoury" past people can change for the better, and honesty is always the best policy. 

I actually read this book in a day as it was that good and I wanted to know what happened next.  So you know it is a good book when I do that.  I have also decided I love the name Eden, never heard of it before as a girls name, only the Eden Valley which is where we come from in Britain.

Stars out of 5: 5 I really enjoyed this book.  It's a great book to read on your vacation, as you will be able to pick it up where you left off without a problem.


"Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc.  Available at your favourite bookseller from Bethany House, a division of Baker Publishing Group".

7 comments:

Angela said...

Relax! Blogger is back now.
I got lots of housework done in its absence though [suspect husband may have hacked into the system in order to entice me to do the chores instead of blogging!!]

JohnD said...

Blogger has been off-line for days - did this earlier in the week as well. Considering switching across to wordpress. I know many others have done likewise.

Scrappy quilter said...

Blogger had some issues for everyone..it seems to be working now. I've just started this book as I just got my books yesterday. Hugs

Crazy Acres Rose said...

there was some trouble at the main server I guess.. but there was a message on the "status update" page that said that all posts after Wed morning would be temporarily removed, but restored.. mine hasn't been restored yet :( I lost the Wed post, (about our post hole digger), and it hasn't come back yet.. I'm waiting til tomorrow before I do anymore updates incase I have to redo that blog.

that's one of the reasons that I'm going to be getting our blog made in to a book.. so we have an actual copy of it, rather than it being just online. If you go to blogspot2 (I think) you can turn your blog into either a hard-cover book, or a soft cover. Since my blog is our journey in farming.. we're going to order the soft cover one first and see how it turns out.. and only do 2.. one for the spring/summer, and one for fall/winter.

Crazy Acres Rose said...

lol my posts are all back now.. :D

angela said...

Yes I had issues with blogger too! I have lost my comments. Some people have lost whole posts! I do not like ironing, especially if its humid. Its very cold here and wet. So staying close to the fire.

Karine said...

Well, after reading the comments, I'm glad that I was out of town and not trying to blog!

Hotel Stay

First of all thank you for all your birthday wishes.  Each and every one of them was greatly appreciated.  The kids bought me/us an overnigh...