Friday, May 27, 2011

Another trip to the dentist..........

So on Thursday after work I went to get my root canal redone.  I wasn't looking forward to it and rightly so as it flipping well hurt.  However I did live to tell the tale as they say and I go back again on June 14th to get the temporary filling removed and the permanent one put in.

Now a bit of a funny story.  I am a gagger when it comes to having x-rays done at the dentist.  The girls know to use the children's crocodile clip when inserting the x-ray film into my mouth to help me not to gag.  For some reason though when the dentist was done he wanted an x-ray and decided to do it himself.  Before I could say anything he shoved this big thing with the x-ray film in my mouth.  I of course major gagged and could even feel the bile coming up my throat before he yanked it out.

He then decided to get his assistant to do it while he left the room to see another patient.  She of course used the correct children's instrument and I didn't gag.  We were actually laughing about it, as she knew right away what I would do, and as I said I knew also it wasn't going to end pleasantly if he did that!!!  I bet he never tries to take an x-ray from me again!!!

I also now have the have the "raincoat" over my teeth when they do any work as that way I keep my tongue out of the way and I can breath and swallow properly.  I so hope this works this time, but I don't feel overly confident about it all...............

8 comments:

Janet said...

I`am just the same ! at least the worst bit is over and done with now .x

Angela said...

Just off to the dentist myself- and sympathising with your plight! My trip is for a first fitting of new bridge, Fortunately no drilling or injections or Xrays. just a horrendously big bill when I leave!!
have a great weekend
blessings x

Iris said...

Love the "raincoat"! If you have sensitive teeth, all the cold air and water used during the procedure can hurt like hell although the tooth which they are working on has been numbed. Dentists should get into the dentist's chair more often to see what it's like.

Jane and Chris said...

I'm a 'gagger' too, I have a small mouth which causes the problem (and having a hand shoved in doesn't help!).
Hope you feel better soon.
I am totally fed up with this rotten weather.
Jane x

Shammickite said...

I'm a gagger too. It's so hard to try and stop myself from going into major gagness when they put all that hardware into my mouth.

Karine said...

Gill, you always make me so happy that I don,t need to go to the dentist very often at all! Thank you for making me appreciate my good oral health even more :o)

DeniseinVA said...

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. Never a pleasant experience at any time. Never heard of the 'raincoat' before. Maybe it's something I've never noticed being used.

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

Hi Gill!! I'm glad you made it through all of that!! The x-ray films really are NOT 'one size fits all!!' We had a patient in this week that I tried twice to get a picture of a very back tooth, even with a child size film--But the doctor thought he'd show me and try it, and it didn't work~~Doctors...

I hope the tooth continues to feel 'okay' and you have a good weekend!!

Hotel Stay - Dinner

As part of our hotel stay the kids had booked us dinner, breakfast and afternoon tea. Here is what we ate at dinner.  Everything was spot on...