Thursday, May 26, 2011

Busy, busy, busy...........with photos....

I spent the day in the garden on Wednesday on my "day off."  I got a couple of jobs crossed off my list, but the jobs on my list is still a mile long.  I did however get the annuals planted in pots.  I even bought a couple of window boxes full of plants this year.


We bought a new to us "toy" on the weekend a wood chipper.  We got it through Kijiji and paid $400; it sells in Canadian Tire for around $1,000, so we were pleased with the price.  Dh is enjoying using it and has been making lots of wood chips/mulch for the garden. 

So I spent part of the morning putting mulch around some trees and bushes.  As you can see by the photo below we have a lot of branches still to shred.  You will also be pleased to know that I can't start it, and dh doesn't want me doing it.........which means one less job for me...YEAH!!!


In the afternoon I spend a while hauling more branches up from the bottom of Kamikaze Hill to the top.  Also picking up some logs from the trees dh has been trimming.  That was hard sweaty work, even with using the tractor and trailer.  I also finally got the field cut again, this will be the third time it has been cut in the past five days.  I did a double cut the first time, as it was so long and I have just finished doing it again.  I have more or less got caught up with cutting the grass, which is just as well as we are forecast for rain AGAIN!!

I saw the following story about solar highways in an email I received and thought you may be interested:

http://www.wimp.com/solarhighways

As I write this on Wednesday night I am just so tired so haven't had an opportunity to visit anyone's blog.  My apologies for that; but I just don't have the energy.   I hope to catch up with you all over the next few days.......

10 comments:

Iris said...

Your house looks beautiful!

Janet said...

I love your stone house Gill its very pretty-is the front door original ? the jobs in the garden seem never ending especially this time of year with all the rain !

Valerie said...

I'm not surprised you're tired, you never stop working. Love the picture of your house. Showed it to hubs and he said 'don't even think ... how did he guess what I was going to say...grins.

Jane and Chris said...

Do you know who built your house? It is so ONTARIO!!Lovely.
I really enjoyed the video, guess they would have to clear the roads of snow even faster in the winter.
Glad you got your chipper, but why do they make these things so difficult to start????
Jane x

Cindy@NorthofWiarton said...

Awesome Kijiji purchase, Gill ! What did we all do before Kijiji and the Dollar Stores, lol. No rest for the wicked or the lousy remember?

Rose said...

Gill, I love that you showed more of your house...I just love stone houses, stone foundations for barns, or stone anything for that matter. But love stone houses best of all.

I get tired just thinking about the mowing you have to do...you sure do have a lot of work to keep caught up.

Karine said...

I am very happy that I no longer have to mow the lawn since I have been living in apartments for the past three years! You sure are a trooper for mowing your own lawn since you have so much of it!

John Going Gently said...

i agreewith iris...its impressive and majestic

peppylady (Dora) said...

I don't know if the sun is really going to shine any place in North American land mass.

I really like the stone (your home) not many like that in this area.

Coffee is on.

DeniseinVA said...

I love the look of your house Gill, that stonework is really pretty.

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...