Saturday, May 7, 2011

Another tiring day............

on Friday.  I didn't do an awful lot but it tired me out again.  I have however made an appointment for the doctors for next Thursday as I am still coughing up a storm and I think that's what is tiring me out.

I did get the second coat of paint on the attic and it looks fine.  We have friends coming over for lunch today.  After they leave I want to pop to the paint store to buy paint for the attic walls so I can get on with that next.  Rona has a promo on that you get a gift card back for spending so much, so may as well take advantage of that.

Went into town to do grocery shopping.  If anyone shops at Loblaws or Supercentre or that chain of stores, they have a great promotion on where you buy $20 of Pepsi/Quaker/Tropicana products until May 19th and you can get $30 in PC gift cards back.  The $20 worth of purchases have to be on the one receipt, and the mail in form is in the store.  As we drink Tropicana juice and eat Quaker granola bars and cereal, this was an easy on for me.

I see the price of gas has dropped I got it for $1.319 a litre at the Canadian Tire gas bar; still cost me $60 to fill the car.  I use well over half a tank of gas going back and forward to work each week.

Got a busy couple of days ahead of me, so might not be around much.

Enjoy your weekend everyone...........

7 comments:

Valerie said...

I wonder if the paint fumes are aggravating your cough? I'm glad you're going to see the doctor about it. Take care.

~Carla~ said...

I dread grocery shopping & am quite happy that we don't have a car to fill with gas ever week! Everything Is getting SO expensive!! :(

DeniseinVA said...

Coughs can get pretty annoying and dreadfully tiring. For the first time this morning I said, "I don't think I've coughed once in a couple of days", then of course I started coughing!!!

Scrappy quilter said...

Those gas prices should drop when you see how the price of a barrel of oil has dropped. They raise them quickly, yet drop them slowly don't they. Hope you can get your cough under control. Not feeling all that well here either. Sounds similar to yours. Both C and me have it. Hugs

that british woman s brother said...

i wish the price of fuel was going down here too - i doubt $60 would make much of a dint on my fuel gauge over here our gill
its raining today after all the hot weather we have had - i am pleased as i dont have to water the garden now

Rose said...

My nephew just said that gas may go down a little bit this summer...or that is what he heard. We are both of a mind to believe it when we see it.

How is your tooth feeling...nothing worse than an aching tooth.

peppylady (Dora) said...

Take care of your self.

Coffee is on.

Hotel Stay - Dinner

As part of our hotel stay the kids had booked us dinner, breakfast and afternoon tea. Here is what we ate at dinner.  Everything was spot on...