Monday, May 2, 2011

Suffering from "blog burn out"

Not sure if that's the right expression or not, but don't seem to have the same enthusiasm as I normally do for my blog at the moment.  I think it's because I am juggling more "balls" at the moment trying to get a lot of things done in a short time.

I am finding the older I get the faster time flies by.  Also I don't feel as organized as I used to be.  We're on a deadline to have the attic finished by the 16th of May, so we are busy doing things in there every day now, including me.  I am getting to the stage where I will start painting the walls and ceiling.  The goal this week is to get the ceiling painted twice.  I know it doesn't sound a lot but I have work and visitors and other things planned also this week, so fitting in painting is hard. 

I cancelled guests coming for dinner this past weekend as we were so busy, so am not doing that this week.  I don't remember when we last had anyone over to the house, other than the kids.  Then there is the garden, the grass is growing like crazy and I know I could start cutting it if I wanted, but with the price of gas up to $1.369 a litre I am putting it off as long as I can.  I need to spend a week just going through the raspberry patch weeding it.  Never mind weeding all the flower beds and the veggie patch!!

Oh and did I mention the state of the house.  I am sure you can write your name in the dust!!!

My goals for today though are to clean the bathrooms. 

Do a load of laundry.

Go and vote.

Do more work in the attic, still got some primer to put on a couple of places and sand down the baseboards where I filled in the nail holes.  Hopefully get the first coat of paint on the ceiling.

Made a gourmet supper........I am being sarcastic here!!! Got four chicken breasts out of the freezer yesterday, so will cook them and have two for tonight's supper and two for tomorrow nights supper.

Got a couple of phone calls to make.

Try and clean some of the house.

Plant the cotoneasters.........though I already know that won't happen!!

Plus a hundred and one other things that need doing.

So all in all I am feeling a tad overwhelmed at the moment and the blog is being neglected because of it.  Do you get days/weeks like that?

17 comments:

Tracey said...

Something you forgot to add... Stick a brush up your bottom and sweep the floor! hehe.

I got a bit bloggered out but seem to have got myself in gear again ( for now)

I hope you get sorted soon xx

DeniseinVA said...

You've definitely got a lot on your plate, and that leaves little time or mental energy to do blogging. It's hard to turn the creative side of the brain on when your body is worn out.
Have a good week and hope you get to do all the things you want to. You can only do so much though, so take good care of yourself and have a great week.

Niki said...

I do get days/weeks like that! In fact, my posting on my blog has been very spotty lately, I've found I go in cycles, and right now the blog isn't a priority or even a huge interest, but my enthusiasm will return again in a little while.

Spring in the country is the busiest time of year, I know when we moved to our farm 13 years ago, it took many years before I learned not to feel overwhelmed (and cranky) and that it all would get done, in some fashion.

Hang in there :)
hugs
Niki

Janet said...

I feel like I meet myself coming back sometimes ! -take a rest, catch up with yourself-we will still all be here when you get back-have a good week -go and treat yourself to something nice ! thats an order !

~Carla~ said...

Yes! My April was like that... Crazy, busy and now I just want to get caught up & relax. I'm doing what I can to make life easier & slower. Hope things slow down for you too!

Sandi McBride said...

Sometimes we need to take a break, renew our blogging spirits and I do it myself! Hope that you will take a breath and a break then be back as right as rain!
Sandi

Jane and Chris said...

Yup! Pretty overwhelmed here too. I keep thinking of all the things that need doing, and the things that don't get done, then I feel miserable. The grey weather we've been having doesn't help either.
Jane x

Piece by Piece said...

I've got a lot of chores that need to be done, most of them outside, garden, lawn, greenhouse, deck, garden furniture, etc etc. the weather has put a stop to most of them. It will all get done in due time, I guess.
A person can only do so much in 24hours, don't knock yourself out, slow down and smell the roses....if they ever get any sun to bring them out in bloom.
Patricia

Valerie said...

As Piece by Piece said... don't knock yourself out. What with the wedding and everything you have a lot to do and think about. Slow down, take a deep breath and forget blogging for a while. You'll appreciate it all the more if you're relaxed. Good luck.

Karine said...

I have often felt that way...hence my frequent gaps between my posts lately. What I do to not begin resenting my blog is to not blog when I feel like it would be too much.

Stephanie V said...

I think we all get that low feeling re the blogging. especially when the workload ramps up. I'm happy to drop by whenever you hang out the flag.

The Witch said...

I feel like I have too much on my plate at times, so I just slow down and do a few jobs each day.
After working 8 hours and traveling time from work to home it is already time to start the supper.
Mondays I just try and computerize a bit and then watch t.v.
By Tues. I have a little more energy which helps to carry me through the week.
Sometimes it really is best to make time for yourself.

Rose said...

I definitely have days and weeks like that...only with us it seems to be some kind of sickness that just puts me totally out of the mood...I will manage to do some posts, but get behind in the blogs I visit...and I try to catch up. And I don't put all the negative stuff in my blog because it would make me feel more overwhelmed than I already do...thinking and hoping that things will be better now...after I know for sure I might tell a bit about it on the blog...but lets just say Roger has been through some annoying stuff here lately.

angela said...

It seems to be that kind of year! Hang in there, do what you can and ignore the rest.
Dont forget to rest or you too will get sick, and then nothing will get done.
good luck

Winifred said...

Gill you're doing so much no wonder you feel a bit blog burn out. I've been the same for a while and at the moment I mainly comment. I'm hoping to get back into gear soon.

Maybe you need a holiday! We have one coming up soon if my husband can get his travel insurance sorted. We take things for granted with the NHS it's only when we want to leave the country our health problems hit us in the face.

Take care of yourself Gill.

Scrappy quilter said...

Awe Gill, take a break from blogging for a few days if you need to. Give yourself a break from doing anything if you need to. I do it often. We just spent 6 days away and yes we did have a reason to, however it was 6 of the best days we've had in awhile. I hope you can get things all worked out so that you don't burn out. Love ya

Cindy@NorthofWiarton said...

I find we have to keep these things "fun" for us, as that is the reason behind starting a "blog" is it not? LOL...

Hotel Stay - Dinner

As part of our hotel stay the kids had booked us dinner, breakfast and afternoon tea. Here is what we ate at dinner.  Everything was spot on...