Thursday, May 5, 2011

Funeral at the Acreage on Wednesday.......

Bit of background first though.  We changed insurance companies and they required a home inspection???  So the guy came on Wednesday afternoon to do it.  He wanted to know how the dishwasher was plumbed in and to do that I had to move some cans of Raid in the cupboard underneath the sink and what did we find.....but a dead mouse.  I let out such a scream, frightened the daylights out of the poor guy, I then had a coughing fit, as yes I still have a nasty cough.......

Anyhow when things calmed down I put on my yellow marigolds (rubber gloves) and marched to the field to give the mouse a full burial.  Luckily the wind was blowing in the right direction as I hurled it over the fence.  It wasn't rigid, so it can't have been dead too long.  However I haven't caught any mice in ages, so not sure where this one got in at, and is there anymore lurking about?  I just pray and hope the wildlife motel isn't open for business like it was when we first moved in.......see here

Got work today, enjoy your Thursday...........

9 comments:

Janet said...

I know the feeling-our cat often brings the odd mouse in at night and will thoughtfully lets it go to play with- usually at three o`clock in the morning !-we have found the odd escapee dead behind the fridge or wardrobe yuk !

Stella Jones said...

Good job you got it before it started to smell. Last year one got underneath my wardrobe. I smelt it but didn't know where it was. Finally I realised! Then I had to beg my son to move the wardrobe for me so I could remove it. It was a horrible experience and not to be repeated EVER if I can help it!

Valerie said...

What an experience, unfortunately not an enjoyable one.

DeniseinVA said...

The last time we had a mouse in our house was when the snow was at the same level as the dryer-vent outside. That's how we think he got in. Over the weekend we had some work done putting trellis work under the deck, and a mole stuck his head out of a hole and startled the man we had hired, who told us about it much later.

Jane and Chris said...

'Tis the season. The cats held one hostage at the weekend,but negotiations were successful and the mouse is back outside!
Jane x

Scrappy quilter said...

I hope the house inspector was a good one. Glad to hear you found the dead mouse...they can really stink after awhile. Hope your cough is better soon. Hugs

Piece by Piece said...

I have set traps in my garage all winter, can't believe all of the little critters that come in for some warmth and the peanut butter I lovingly put out for them.
Patricia

~Carla~ said...

I would have screamed too!! Lol! At least it was dead! ;)

Rose said...

You scared me!! I was afraid something had happened to MOlly!

Hotel Stay

First of all thank you for all your birthday wishes.  Each and every one of them was greatly appreciated.  The kids bought me/us an overnigh...