Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Catching you all up with my news....

Not that anything exciting has really been happening.  My brother in Britain drives for a company called Stobbarts it is a well known trucking company in Britain.  Each one of the trucks has a girls name on it.  My brother has just got a new truck and was allowed to name it.  He named it after my mother and our daughter, Christina Corinne, both were super pleased.  I said to my brother that was charming, what about me, he said he would name his next one Gillian if he could............So if you're in Britain and see a Stobbarts truck named Christina Corinne wave at him as it's my brother.


On Saturday we went to see the lady who makes fascinators as dd wants one instead of a veil, and I wanted one instead of a hat.  Blair makes the most gorgeous of fascinators and is a very talented young lady.  Dd is taking parts of various feather fascinators and putting them together.  I chose one from the Fall/Winter 2011/12 collection that she hasn't got online yet.  Here is her website though and you can see some of her work.  I suggested a name for the fascinator I wanted as it didn't have a name, so it will be interesting to see if she does actually name it that.  The name: Duchess Britt, not sure if it will be one or two "T's."

Dh was off on Monday, so we ran some errands, and one of the places we went to was Babies R Us  Dd and I are going to a baby shower in a week or two's time.  I haven't set foot in either Toy's R Us or Babies R Us in years, so it was really interesting to see what there is out there for babies now.  I got a safety gate and a nursing pillow thing, both were on the gift registry.

It's gone awful hot and humid around here which is weird, as last week a couple of the days it was chilly.  The good thing about living in a stone built house it takes around three days for the place to heat up, so we are hoping to not have the a/c on any time soon. 

The grass of course is growing at a rate of knots.  I did manage to get Kamikaze Hill cut again and the front lawn.  I bought some roses and am going to attempt growing them.  I am not an expert when it comes to roses so it will be interesting to see if they will grow.

6 comments:

Valerie said...

Stobbarts is an upmarket trucking company, all the young girls go crazy when they see one on the road. I shall look out for your brother and if I see him I'll wave, after all I won't look too daft if others are waving like mad.

Karine said...

What fun, having fascinators made! I think that when I get married I am going to ask the ladies to wear fascinators and hats.

Rose said...

Those stores sure have a lot to offer...and if you watch the sales you can get some great prices...at least on clothes for the toddlers...

We have had our AC on for weeks now...off and on. and somedays we have both heat and AC on...

Ann in Paradise said...

I have just found your blog. I spent time reading back and so enjoyed your blogs especially the one about what we will lose. Thank you for a bit of Canadian / Brit comment on ther world!

Stella Jones said...

I understand that Princess Beatrice's unusual fascinator went for about 81,000 gbp on Ebay recently. I think there will be a lot of those around this year as a result of the Royal Wedding. I don't mean ones like hers, but others, maybe not so 'unusual'.
I will look out for the lorry. Does it come down this way? London?

Anonymous said...

It's great that you are getting thoughts from this article as well as from
our dialogue made here.

Check out my blog ... cursos del inem

Hotel Stay - Dinner

As part of our hotel stay the kids had booked us dinner, breakfast and afternoon tea. Here is what we ate at dinner.  Everything was spot on...