So on Wednesday I decided to mow the acreage, I ended up getting maybe half of the five acres mown, so I have decided I must be a professional now (as I roll my eyes at that comment!!)
Anyhow I made some observations and have some hints and tips for all the novices out there (again I am being sarcastic here!!)
1. Do not drink a cup of coffee before you go out to mow the lawn, as all that jiggling about, only makes you want to go to the bathroom more!!
2. For all you ladies out there, and maybe even some men (who knows) a good sports bra is in order when you are on a lawn tractor, just to keep the girls more stable. As there is nothing worse than one of the girls going one way and the other going the other way.
3. When driving under or by a tree, remember to duck when you come close to a branch. Thank goodness I had my sunglasses on (didn't have my crash helmet on though), or I could have had a black eye.
4. When you do run out of gas, try not to run out when you are at the far corner of the acreage, as its only then do you realize how far five acres actually runs!! And yes I muttered the whole way back to the garage to get the gas can!!
5. When you are listening to dh's instructions on how to use the lawn tractor, it's helpful to remember that a parking brake is one thing, but it also means you have a brake. It saves your hurtling down Kamikaze Hill thinking you are going to die and not realizing it wouldn't be so bad if you had used the brakes.............
6. When you run over the wild chives, as you just can't be bothered to go around them, the lawn tractor will stink of onions for a while.
7. As a lot of the five acres was probably once a field its not a smooth ride, so be prepared to have a numb bum and wobbly legs.
By the way, I don't like cutting the grass I have decided. Luckily I have a couple of people who are itching to try out the tractor, and as I have left Kamikaze Hill and the field for them to mow, they are welcome to it!!!
Oh and I took my car back to the garage, and it is the fan belt that is squealing and it needs something else to go with the fan belt. So that will cost us another $230 for that, however dh and the garage reckon it can wait another month or so.......