Friday, November 29, 2019

"Bloody" pain..........

Went to have blood work done this morning, had an 8:30 am appointment.  Got in right away and it was the nurse who had tried to take blood from me last time.  She had so much trouble last time she had to get someone else to do it and they managed to get blood from me right away.

I mentioned this too her, saying you had trouble last time, but decided to give her another chance, plus I drank more water than I did the time before.  Anyhow, she tried my right arm with no luck, then tried my left arm with no luck, so back to my right arm this time using a child's needle and managed to get some blood flowing.

However, the pain was awful, I mean bloody awful, you would have thought she was jabbing the needle in harder and twisting it around.  It got to the point I couldn't stand it anymore and said enough.  She had one vial full, but the other was only maybe a quarter full if that.  I told her at this point she had to get someone else, as no way was she touching me again.

I broke out in a total body sweat; like a hot flash on steroids.  I was nauseous and did not feel well at all.  Another nurse came and took blood from me no issue............meanwhile my right arm looks like this:

It is so sore; I am not happy. Told the second nurse that in future I will be asking her to draw blood.................

10 comments:

Chris said...

That is very nasty. Poor you!

Margie from Toronto said...

Just ridiculous - what a mess she made of your arm! I had blood work done last week and the male nurse was so good I could barely see the tiny puncture once I took the bandage off - no bruising whatsoever.

sandi s said...

That is awful!! I give them one stick, if that doesn’t work you have to get someone else. It shouldn’t hurt either. Hugs,

Terra said...

Oh dear, please do not let that woman take blood from you ever again.

Practical Parsimony said...

She probably was twisting and moving the needle. I hate that and tell the nurse to quit moving the needle. It is amazing how some nurses just do not do well drawing blood and others seem to get it--the concept and blood.I would be upset if a nurse left my arm in the condition yours is in.

Evelyn said...

I once donated blood and it hurt like crazy and it isn't supposed to. I had a large goose egg afterwards.

barbara woods said...

Had the same thing to happen to me

William Kendall said...

Ouch!

I used to bruise easily when donating blood, but not lately.

Jackie said...

Your arm looks very sore.

I had pretty much the same thing happen the last time I had blood tests done. They tried to use my left which is the best to draw blood from and the new girl got nothing. Then she said she would try the right arm, I said no so she got someone else who also said let's use the other arm. Once again I said no and got a dirty look this time. She did use the left arm and managed quite well.

I know which arm is the best. Not my fault if they don't believe me, but I will not let them take blood from the right. The veins roll.

God bless.

Rose said...

I feel your pain...I would love to know why some people have so much trouble drawing blood and others not at all. When I broke my leg and they were getting me ready to go to surgery, you would not believe how much trouble they had finding a vein to put the IV in. I had not drank all day, and it was around 7:00 or 8:00 that night...so I was really dehydrated. Anyone would have had trouble.

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...