Monday, November 11, 2019

Learned something new this weekend, handy tip.....

We went and bought a new dining room set and had it delivered last week.  The only problem we had was we had to sell our old set:


So I put it on various online selling sites as a set.  Nothing, no interest at all other than someone asked if the chairs were available separately?  I had never thought of selling the chairs separately from the table.  

So I ended up listing the 6 pine chairs, the two end chairs and the table separately and ended up making $100 more than if I had sold them as a set.  Who knew?  It turns out chairs on their own are harder to find..........

Here is our new set, totally different from the old set and it fits better in the area:

Love the frosted glass top and the chairs are actually comfortable!!

5 comments:

Chris said...

I've had the same problem. The chairs ended up in my grandkids play room and I kept the table (it was round and glass so still presentable) and just got new chairs. Love your new set, especially the chairs. Enjoy!

Practical Parsimony said...

I am not surprised they sold better separately. The new one does look comfortable, but I still like wood better.

Anne in the kitchen said...

Thank you for passing on the lesson you learned. I have never thought of that

Jackie said...

Hmmm, never thought about selling chairs separate from the table. Good on you making even more money on the sale.

God bless.

William Kendall said...

I wouldn't think of selling chairs separately.

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...