Sunday, October 27, 2019

Diwali 2019

We were invited to "R's" for a Diwali luncheon on Saturday.  I was a "big girl" and decided to suck it up and eat the food.  I DO NOT LIKE SPICY FOOD............even mild spice is too hot for me😕

There was both veggie and meat dishes.



 These weren't too bad, just like corn cakes with a little spice in it.
 These were mixed green veggie fritters and I enjoyed these the best.
 This lamb was flipping spicy, made my nose run, so gave it too dh.
 The daal was okay, smelled like baked beans too me.
 This smelled spicy and didn't look good, so I gave it a miss😊
 Dh said this wasn't as spicy as the lamb so I maybe could have tried it.
There was also naan, rice and salad, so a good variety of things, plus a couple of sweet dishes.

We had a good time and caught up with a few people.  I forgot to wear my sari....yes I have a sari, only worn it the once, but this would have been a perfect time to wear it.........I don't have any photos of me wearing it either.

I was naughty though and kept answering the door just to confuse the heck out of people who didn't know me..........they thought they had come to the wrong house....LOL😁

10 comments:

Joy said...

It sounds as if you have a great time in spite of the spice! The food looks great!
xx

angela said...

Sooooo much food
It it all looks yummy. I ove spicy food. But my tummy doesn’t any more

Evelyn said...

looks delicious!

Jackie said...

Everything looks wonderful, so much food. I can see that you had a good time.

God bless.

Karen said...

The food looks amazing. The chicken tikka masalla is my favorite. My Nana was from India so I love the food of the country. Sad that we never celebrated the wonderful festival days in Canada.

Jenn Jilks said...

What an honour to be invited to a celebration like this.
We like spicy food. It's all what you are used to, I guess. Hubby lived 20 years in Vancouver and he has to explain to servers that he want more than white man spicy! It's a running joke. There are few places her where he can get this. Even in small town Ontario.
I love exploring new flavours.

William Kendall said...

That's a lot of food!

Chris said...

Seeing all that yummy food (I like spicy but not too much) makes me wish I had friends who celebrated Diwali!

Margie from Toronto said...

A friend and I were driving north-west out of Toronto yesterday so ended up going through Brampton where there were signs up everywhere for Diwali - and we saw a lot of people heading into a temple as well.
We drove by the Samosa Factory - which was packed - no way were we going to stop - it would have taken ages, although I would have loved to stop for samosa and some onion barji - the feast at your friend's home looks amazing!

Winifred said...

Oh that makes my mouth water I love Indian & Thai food. I don't go for very spicy my favourite is Prawn Korma. I ove Nan bread & onion bahji! Lush!

Great Jaimie Olive Onion Bahji Burger recipe
https://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/butternut-squash-recipes/brilliant-bhaji-burger/

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...