Saturday, August 22, 2015

It's zucchini/courgette time of year again.

One of my favourite meals that involve zucchini is Sausage Risotto:

Here is the recipe.  What you see in the dish above is what was leftover after our supper.  I will put this in a freezer bag and freeze it for another meal and bulk it up with more veggies if need be.

I did a post back in 2008 for 50 + 1 recipes for zucchini here.  I can't guarantee all the links will work now, but I know some of them do.

I finished off another person for Christmas yesterday by ordering a couple of things online.  That will make four people totally done.  Very happy about that. 

I gave away a couple more of my gnomes yesterday also, they will be heading to Grand Cayman next week.  Three went to California this week.  I wasn't planning on giving the gnomes away yesterday; took them out of the pile I am knitting for Our Little Man's birthday.  So back to the knitting needles to get more knit.

Have you started Christmas shopping yet?

11 comments:

Linda aka Crafty Gardener said...

How lovely your gnomes are winging it around the world. We've done a bit of Christmas shopping and I've started on some knitting projects to give away. We are lucky that we don't buy/give to many people anymore.

mamasmercantile said...

I do a lot of crafting for presents so I started that some weeks ago. I pick up gifts as and when I see something suitable at the right price, so there isn't a mad rush a few weeks before Christmas.

Mylittlepieceofengland said...

We haven't grown any corgettes this year. Will start the CHristmas shopping next month.... where does it go!!! xx

William Kendall said...

I've never tried zucchini, oddly enough.

Maggie said...

I hope your gnomes will be happy in their new homes :-)

Not actually bought anything for Christmas just yet, I have a few things
on my Amazon wish list that I will be ordering soon.

Rose said...

No, not started shopping yet. Everyone is so hard to buy for...I need to sit down and really give it some thought as to what I want to buy for people. And try to come up with some different stuff.

You are going to make so many gnomes that by the time you are done, you will be able to make one in your sleep!

Little Red Hen said...

I have started Christmas shopping. Not on purpose but I happened to see something when we were away in a place I won't be back to until next year so I just grabbed it.

Betsy said...

This year will be no kids and families at home and they are getting so hard to buy for. We'll probably send money or gift cards. I love to make things for my family members but the older the grandkids get, the harder it is.
Blessings,
Betsy

Cat Lover said...

I don't even want to think of Christmas yet! You are so organized Gill. I bought a zucchini at the farmers market and made two big zucchini loaves. They are delicious!

Wisewebwoman said...

I can never get risotto right for some reason. Gave up. But yours sounds delish, enough to re-inspire me maybe.

XO
WWW

Anonymous said...

Some of the links on the 50+ recipes page are no longer up, but it gave me some great ideas. Happily not thinking of Christmas yet!

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...