Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Sitting in Starbucks, as they have free Wi-Fi (photo heavy)..........

The cabin does not have Wi-Fi, neither can we access anyone else.......so I am having a Venti tea while dh is reading the newspaper and I catch up with my blogging and emails.  Those tea bags are huge!!
Anyhow, so far so good.  The cabin is 1.1 miles up a mountain and it's perched on the side again.  The views are to die for you can see miles and miles.  I WILL NOT BE CLIMBING UP AND DOWN THE MOUNTAIN FOR EXERCISE JUST IN CASE ANYONE IS WONDERING!!!


The cabin itself though is a bit "tired" and in need of a refurbishment, but suits us fine.



We went up to Cades Cove on Monday and although lovely it was busy so not as enjoyable as in prior years.  Plus it was stinking hot and humid.  I'll talk more about Cades Cove when we get back.


We did however see a couple of black bears while there, which we haven't seen prior.  Again I'll talk about it more when we get back

We had a picnic lunch in the park where I was at one with nature for around 20 minutes.  Then I decided enough of being at one with nature as the bloody flies were eating me alive!!

We are heading to the Bush Beans Visitor Centre today as we love beans and the place sounds interesting ; though I have a feeling if we eat there we will be gassy for the rest of the day!! We have stuff planned for the rest of the week.  Just hope it cools down as temps with the humidity are hitting the high 80's.

We are also planning on doing some relaxing as well, and as the road up to the cabin is only accessible in winter in a four wheel drive or a vehicle with chains on the tires it is bloody high, narrow and bendy, so I am refusing point blank to go out after dark, in case we fall off the side of the mountain!!!

So, so far so good.  We are enjoying ourselves and I will be back posting the next time we are in Starbucks.  My apologies for not checking on your blogs, but just don't have the time.  Next time we come we have decided we MUST have Internet access!!!

11 comments:

slugmama said...

Sounds like you are having a great time, save the flies and humidity.

Be sure and go into Gatlinburg to the Davy Crockett Distillery for some free samples and they usually have musicians there playing.
And pick me up some bottles of good Tennessee whisky while you are there!!lol Can't get it here....

Cash Only Living said...

Wow amazing views!!! Looks like a wonderful place to relax...enjoy!

T'Pol said...

That Church looks like the one in the Little House on the Prairie Series when I was little. Beautiful photos, thanks for sharing!

Em Parkinson said...

Those bears are gorgeous. I know they have their dark side but great to see from a safe distance!

Country Gal said...

Wonderful photos ! Cabin looks nice and the view from it is lovely ! Not missing out on the humidity here today they recon it is the hottest day of the summer . 35 , 46 with the humidex , nasty ! Have a great time . Thanks for sharing !

Debby said...

Glad you are having a good time!! That is our very favorite vacation spot. SOOO exciting to get a chance to see the bears, doesn't always happen. You should be fine at bush beans they only give you a small sample, along the way there is also a cave you can visit. I didn't care for it but it is nice and cool!! Have a great week

Aodhnait said...

Love the cabin and the views.......and bears.....oh my!!!

Piece by Piece said...

The cabin & views look great. Stock up on "Beano". LOL
It hot and humid here at the present time, record highs could be broken.
Have a great week.
Patricia

Cindy@NorthofWiarton said...

One with Nature, darn those flies... glad you are having a great time with dh out and about, despite you not eating your green beans. x

Rose said...

You are in my part of the country now..well, where I still consider home anyway. Wish I was there.

Jackie McGuinness said...

Agree, not going out at night when we stay somewhere like that.
Also I must have internet access!!!

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...