Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Some photos........

Took these photos on Tuesday afternoon.  As you can see we still have a lot of snow.  However the sun was shining brightly on Tuesday.














We were out and about on Tuesday afternoon as we had to go into town.  The winter has been hard on our poor roads and they have heaved a lot, causing it to feel as though we are on a roller coaster.  I only hope when the frost gets out the ground, the roads will get back to normal, otherwise it is going to cost the province/county/township a lot of money to repair them.


One thing I found interesting was all the footprints of the animals over the snow covered fields. We have had a couple of sunny but cold days which has sort of frozen the snow that came down on Saturday night.  We are in for more snow over the next few days {{{SIGH}}}  Guess I'll just get on with staining and varnishing........

9 comments:

Valerie said...

Nice photo of the woodpecker. I really hope your weather improves soon, perpetual snow and cold does nothing more than lower the spirit.

MyBulletinBoard said...

I'm so glad I'm not a bird!!

Our woodpeckers are back. A red-wing blackbird, too. ~Liz

Jane and Chris said...

I love woodpeckers;they were always a delight to rehab.
More bl@@dy snow today.
Jane x

Stephanie V said...

At least the sun shines! We know it's out there somewhere because it peeps through every couple of days.
Love watching the birds at the feeders...suet helps keep them warm.

Good thing you have lots of indoor stuff to keep you busy.

angela said...

wonderful photos, I know you probably think Im crazy but I would love to live with all that snow.
Ah well maybe one day I will visit somewhere and experience it. ONE DAY

DeniseinVA said...

Oh dear, more snow? We are going to have a lot of rain, and as a friend just said to me, would make Noah happy. Makes for picture perfect photos though and your woodpecker was lovely.

Karine said...

Gill, the firs photo is absolutely stunning!

More snow for us here too, we're under a warning again. I'm happy that I have a late morning to early evening shift tomorrow so I won't have to put up with any bad traffic going to and from work.

Lib said...

Love your photo's.
You have to be so tired of snow!
To answer your question applebutter or any fruit butter you use as jam or jelly.
HAve agreat day!
Blessins',Lib

Anonymous said...

Ah, wonderful winter shots!

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...