Friday, February 4, 2011

Nasty, nasty, nasty

It's just before 5:30am on Friday morning as I am writing this.  I have been up for a little while, helping dh dig out his truck........

We may not have had any more snow since Wednesday, but it is blowing it around like the dickens.  Which has resulted in blocking us in at the top of the driveway.  Dh attempted to drive his pickup through it and got stuck, so we both had to dig him out and it's bitter cold out there.

Luckily I told work I wasn't coming in today, as there isn't a cat in hell's chance of me getting out of the driveway until I blow it all out again.  It was the same yesterday when dh came home from work the driveway was all blocked in.   Although the main roads weren't bad the side roads were not the greatest.

One way of telling that the roads are bad, is when you see me driving the speed limit or under!!!  It's well known in my family I have a lead foot, but even I know to be cautious when there is snow on the roads.  I saw three cars in the ditches on the way home yesterday.  No idea why, other than they were travelling too fast....

So I will have my bowl of cereal and my hot cup of tea and when it gets light head outside with my trusty side kick "SNOW BLOWER," and see if we can get the driveway blown out again.  Mind you with that wind howling, I may be wasting my time, but even I have to go out today.......

11 comments:

Valerie said...

I remember the time when I enjoyed snow... not any longer though. Your driveway looks very long... must be hell on earth for you when it snows.

MyBulletinBoard said...

Even Pollyanna would say that at least you're getting your exercise! Keep your feet dry. Not much chance of staying warm, huh? ~Liz

Stella Jones said...

I don't fancy doing that very much and at 5.30 a.m. as well. Good luck with it. I'm glad you are feeling better now!

DeniseinVA said...

Having fallen on the driveway yet again due to ice - we're on a hill which doesn't help - I am looking forward to some warmer weather. My bruises and scraped elbows are telling me to stay inside today, which is okay because I have plenty of things to do around here.

Jane and Chris said...

YUCK! Been there..the car (Nissa X Terra) got stuck in the snow. I had to crawl underneath it and scrape off the snow which had jammed into the workings and frozen.
Looks like more snow in the week too...I have had enough!
Keep the fire lit... and a hot toddy or two might help!
Jane x

Piece by Piece said...

Wednesday a.m. we had freezing rain, which put a seal over the snow so it didn't blow around too much. We didn't get all the snow that was predicted, a good thing. Yesterday was a beautiful sunny day and by the looks of the sky now much of the same for today, but... more snow to come in the next few days. Roll on Spring we have had enough.
Keep warm.
Patricia

Karine said...

I hope you didn't have too much of a hard time with it...We always had snow clearance service for our driveways, thank the Lord, but until I moved out of my mom's house it my job to shovel the walk and the satirs and oh, how I hated it!!!

Scrappy quilter said...

Well friend, guess what's coming your way now. Warmer temps, however rain!! We got it last night. The van is covered with it. Roads were closed, even Hwy #1. Hope your day isn't all shovelling. Hugs

Kim said...

I do not envy you. We have a nice short driveway that DH snowblowed a couple days ago - haven't had to do it since.

I plan to stay in and stay warm.

John Going Gently said...

keep warm!

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

Hello Gill!! I hope you've won your battle against the snow today and are now safe and snug inside with your feet up!!

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...