Friday, February 18, 2011

Lemons and a welcome to a new blogger......

I bought a bag of lemons to make Lemon Curd with, but haven't gotten around to it, so I made a couple of Classic Lemon Loaves instead.  Just click on the links for the recipes.   I love the taste of lemon and for us it is prime season for buying lemons over here.


I also wrote a column for the Orangeville Banner about lemons, you can see that here. I must go back and edit that column, as I set it up with points bullets and they never materialized in the actual column?


Took a photo of lemons......why, just because......
You would maybe think as I am talking about lemons I maybe had a "lemon of a day" as well, but no it was busy and productive, I am pleased to say.

One of the things I did was help a dear friend set up her blog, now "Crazy Daisy" as she will be known is neither crazy or called Daisy, but that is what she wanted to be called in blogland.  I was wondering if you would all pop over and leave a comment wishing her luck and love and whatever else with her blogging.  Here is a link to her blog and it's called: Call Me Crazy Daisy  I am sure she will have a lot of interesting things to talk about and she is a love, we get on like a house on fire.


****JUST A NOTE, THE LEMON CURD IS QUITE TART, SO IF YOU LIKE SOMETHING SWEETER, ADD AN EXTRA 1/4 CUP OF SUGAR TO THE RECIPE TO SWEETEN IT UP A BIT***

8 comments:

Valerie said...

I'm glad you felt the urge to take a picture of the lemons. The only lemon I have is lemon tea which I love. Went across to Crazy Daisy's blog to give her a welcome to blogland.

MyBulletinBoard said...

How long will two eggs' worth of lemon curd store in the frig? The recipe looks simple and a lot cheaper than the $4+ small jar at the store. Gotta get lemons on the grocery list now! ~Liz, where it is so warm I actually turned the A/C on last night to cool the house down for bedtime! Can you believe it?!?

forgetmenot said...

I'll have to try your lemon bread--I love making lemon tarts with lemon curd---so good. Mickie

Jane and Chris said...

Gill, I posted the menu in the comments of the valentine post.
If ever you fancy a cheap night out you are always welcome at church functions (and we have some good ones) Off to say Hi to crazy Daisy.
Jane x

Scrappy quilter said...

I'm off to see her blog.

I've never tasted lemon curd so might have to try making it. As to the snow...well we have tons of road closures and they finally took the wind warning off. It's bright and sunny here so I know where the snow is going to end up. Then we get more snow tomorrow and Sun. You know I'm hoping for the best for you in regards to this, however if I'm getting snow I thought I'd share it with you. Hugs

Tracey said...

I have a question.....why the hell aren't you fat......with all those lovely things that you bake?????? xxxxx

Evelyn said...

can't find your article, is it because I am a day late?

Mary Ann Tate said...

Hi...went to Crazy Daisy's blog and left a message but I wonder if she is checking her comments as she has a block on them:)

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...