Sunday, May 7, 2023

Finally.........

We got outside into the garden on Saturday to cut the grass and I did some weeding.

This is part of our front garden.  We are on a corner lot so have quite a lot of grass to cut.  Although you can't see it on this photos there are so many dandelions in our grass.  So this year despite getting a company in to weed and feed our lawns, I am going to overseed each time I cut the grass, and/or at least once a week.  A guy who lives around the corner does that and his grass is lovely.

I don't have a veggie patch, so only grow a few veggies in tubs, so this year I am planning on putting a few tubs on my front patio area, as that is where we get a lot of sun.
Our house is well guarded by these two below, my Molly dog and  my flying pig!
I bought two footstools for the chairs out front.  I prefer to have my feet up when sitting down so these work a treat.

So I can say now that garden season has officially started.  Although it will be at least two more weeks before the risk of frost is over with.

Are you full into gardening mode now?  Or do you not have a garden or are interested in gardening?

14 comments:

Donna said...

I love your lawn! What do you mean when you say "over seeding" the lawn? You mean adding more seed?
Looks like you'll be comfy sitting om the porch!
hugs
Donna

My Piece of Earth said...

Stools look perfect with your chairs, I like my feet up also.

Love gardening, however, my body does not like it any more. I knew this time would come, so have been planting perennials during the past few years, so just weeds need to come out.

William Kendall said...

You have a lovely property.

Maggie said...

The weather has been lovely here today so I have spent most of the day in the garden, mostly sweeping, tidying and planting up the pots, I cut the grass last week so it should be ok for a few more days.

Karen said...

I won't be planting out until the next full moon. We learned that lesson the hard way.

Jackie said...

Not quite, but I am getting ready to start planting and painting the deck. I love your front patio.

God bless.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Apartment life means no real 'gardening' for us although Resident Chef does have a few tomato plants, some peppers and some herbs and if I'm lucky I'll get the type of fuschia the hummingbirds prefer.

Rose said...

I sure hope all is okay...just seems so strange for there to be no comment. Always remember, the dandelions are great for honeybees. I have read they are a major source of food for them in the early spring.

Linda said...

Loving the warmer weather that is finally here. We don't worry about the dandelions, the worst part only last a month, and it feeds the pollinators. I've cut down my veggies to a few tubs, gave up the veggie patch years ago, way too much bending. We have been watching and listening to the birds in the garden, such a lovely time of year. Have a wonderful weekend.

Donna said...

Well, I thought I had left a comment!
I like the new foot stools! And the yard is so pretty!
hugs
Donna

Cindy said...

I would love to garden but arthritis in my hands prevents me from doing much other than admiring my neighbours gardens.

Jackie said...

Just checking to see if you are okay.

God bless.

Ann T said...

Are you ok? Ann x

Practical Parsimony said...

I thought I posted something here. Guess not. What vegetables did you plant?

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...