Wednesday, May 3, 2023

Weather for ducks..........

We have been having a spell of wet weather this past week or so.  You know the sort of weather that only ducks love?  Which made me remember something I saw in the UK last time round.  In the garden centres we visited they all have lovely gift shops and super cafes.  We were particularly fond of the Dobie's garden centres.

One of the many things I fell in love with there were these ducks from the DCUK Company UK.


Each one was so different and all had lovely names.  I should have picked up a couple, but the price put me off.  This one is a little one so is 21.99 GBP, the larger ones are closer to 40 GBP.  

I have suggested to our local garden centre to put a cafe in as it would make a great addition.  It never came to fruition which is a shame, something to do with the septic systems.  I love to wander around the garden centre, and having a cup of coffee after would make a great finish to a trip there.

Meanwhile I will be putting my wellies/rainboots on when I pop out today.  The good news is the weekend has a decent forecast.  Our grass desperately needs cutting and as yet I have not been in the garden this year.  So fingers crossed this weekend will be the start of gardening season for me!!

Do you have a good garden centre close to where you live?  If you have a blog write about it, as I would love to read about it?


4 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Cute little duck - I can see why you'd want him (her?).
Too bad about the cafe at the garden centre because I agree that there should be one. Our garden centre visits are few and far between now because all we pick up is a few herbs and maybe a fushia if they have the kind I like. Resident Chef starts his own tomatoes and a few pepper plants and that's about all we have room for on the balcony.

Jackie said...

We could use a bit of rain if you would care to send some our way.

Cute duck.


God bless.

Belinda said...

What a cute little duck and his rain boots are adorable! Stay dry when you have to get out in it.

Linda said...

We certainly had our fair share of rain at the beginning of the month, but this weekend looks better. I buy my plants at a couple of local places, The Village Green in Foxboro (she also runs Terra Edible Seeds) and The Garden Network in Stockdale. It is so nice to support local business.

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...