Saturday, May 6, 2023

New King


(photo credit Daily Mail UK)

Newly crowned King Charles and Queen Camilla are cheered by crowds as they leave Westminster Abbey | Daily Mail Online

I wish him luck, not sure how he'll manage everything; or how long he will be on the throne, but I am sure he'll do his best.

The British in the main love the royals; or at least some of them.  I didn't get up early to watch the whole ceremony, but did see a lot of it.

My favourite were the kids, Charlotte's outfit was stunning and she is such a calming influence to her younger brother.  Seeing that many people in London was inspiring.  Such a shame about the weather though.

Did you watch the coronation? 


6 comments:

Belinda said...

I watched parts of it and had the same thought about the weather. The ceremony was just beautiful.

Practical Parsimony said...

I got up early(3:30) and just had to go to bed just before the balcony part. I loved it.

Anne in the kitchen said...

We watched it from about 7 our time. I am not an Anglophile but I did find it very pretty and interesting. The music was incredible

Practical Parsimony said...

I watched all of the coronation until the balcony. I have flowers and berries in pots. When I planted squash and tomatoes, some critter ate most of it.

William Kendall said...

If he has the health of his parents, he can easily be there for a couple decades.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

All I saw of the coronation were news 'bits' afterwards. I'll bet Charles and Camilla were quite relieved to remove those heavy crowns by the time the day was done.

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...