Wednesday, December 22, 2021

Doctor's appointment

I had my telephone appointment with the doctor yesterday to go over my blood work that I had done last week.  The one thing about getting blood work done through Life Labs here in Canada is that you can look up your results online, so technically you don't need the doctor to tell you the actual results.

So I already knew my blood sugar results were a lot better; so much so, that they are more or less in the normal rate.  The doctor was very pleased about that.  He did say my cholesterol levels are still a little high, so need to work on that.  At the end of the day getting my blood sugar levels back to normal is the whole end goal of all this.

I achieved my weight loss goal of 25lbs, I have actually lost 26lbs.  Now he was surprised about that and even more surprised when I told him that dh has lost 24lbs.  He did tell me that you should only lose 10% of your body weight at a time, then take six months off and not gain any weight.  Then lose another 10% of your body weight, then take six months off and maintain that weight, then repeat.  That way you will not gain the weight back. 

I am on a roll at the moment with the weight loss, so I do not want to lose momentum and lose interest in doing it.  So I am going to carry on doing what I am doing for the time being, as I am quite content with how I am doing it.

BUT....I have gone and pulled my hamstring and it is flipping well painful.  It was my own fault, I did not warm up properly while on the treadmill and with the incline I was doing the back of my knee is killing me.  I am hobbling around like an old women.  So as far as exercise is concerned one short walk after supper is about as much as I can handle at the moment.  It's been over a week or more now and is ever so slightly better, but this is going to take time to heal.

I keep meaning to tell you what I eat in a day as it is pretty much similar most days.  So for today I will be eating the following:

Breakfast: 1 cup multigrain Cheerio's with 1/2 cup 1% milk, cup of herbal tea (no milk)

Mid morning snack: Banana, large cup coffee with 1% milk

Lunch: hummus, rice crackers,  a pot of Motts Fruitsations unsweetened apple sauce, large coffee with 1 % milk

Mid Afternoon snack: Cup of herbal tea (no milk), mini package of cookies, click here to see them

Supper: Turkey Pasta stew/soup, (ground turkey with veggies, left over kraft dinner mixed in it, it will be my own recipe and will last a couple of days), sugar free jello with fruit in it and a fat free yogurt (40 calories) on the top.

After supper snack: 2 fat free yogurts and a granola/protein bar.

I also drink at least 32 oz of water.

Is my diet perfect, absolutely not!  However it is what is working for me.  I do make a lot of veggie soups.  Made a cauliflower one that I had for supper for the past couple of nights.  Cauliflower makes the most creamy of soups without using any cream or milk.  I have cut out a big chunk of carbs and a lot of sweet stuff like cakes and biscuits/cookies.

So my next goal is to lose another 25 lbs by the end of March, as that is when I am getting more blood work done and will go in and see the doctor in person (covid permitting).

I am in this for the long run, and I am of the mind set that slow and steady win's the race.  We shall see!

Oh I forgot for the month of December, I have been having my one chocolate a night from my Lindt advent calendar as well......I could murder a full size chocolate bar though..LOL  That will be my treat when I get my next 25 lbs off!!

(I will post a photo of my turkey pasta veggie stew/soup when I get it made)


8 comments:

My Piece of Earth said...

Well done on the weight loss and blood sugar readings.
It seems as if you are eating quite a lot and still lose the weight, must be all of the exercises and walking.
I should take a lesson from you, as I would like to lose about 15--20 lbs.

Merry Christmas to you and your family and all the best for a Healthy, Happy and Prosperous New Year.

Cheers
Pat

William Kendall said...

Cauliflower soup sounds good right about now.

Jackie said...

That is great news about your blood sugar.

God bless.

Practical Parsimony said...

Good for you on the weight loss. When my doctor saw I had lost 46 pounds in three months, he started cursing! But, I did not let that deter me.

Karen said...

I love home made soups, canned, not so much,
Do you still have contact information for sending knitting supplies to the north?

Margie said...

Congrats on meeting your weight loss goals!

Thanks for celebrating my blogiversary with me. I'm not a fan of coffee, so I haven't tried DavidsTea's Oat Milk Latte yet. I do like the Salted Caramel oolong and matcha. I'm currently on a tea buying ban and managed to resist DavidsTea's semi-annual sale. But my boss sent me a box of DavidsTea as a Christmas gift. I'll share the teas that I got in next week's post.

Joyful said...

Wonderful progress you are making! I'm sure you will manage to meet your other goals. Like you I wouldn't want to lose momentum so keep doing what works for you.

Donna said...

Congratulations to you!!! That's Wonderful!
I've started the Carnivore diet...way of eating. It works for me (when I don't cheat...lol).
hugs
Donna

Hotel Stay - Dinner

As part of our hotel stay the kids had booked us dinner, breakfast and afternoon tea. Here is what we ate at dinner.  Everything was spot on...