Sunday, December 12, 2021

Two weeks later

 no I have not left the blog world again!

I have been busy with one thing and another.  Which includes the treadmill and walking.  I did slip and fall last week on the ice, so have been cautious with my walking.  Luckily I didn't really hurt myself.  My knee is all bruised up, but really my ego/pride was more bruised.  So because of that I only logged in 25 miles last week, I normally log in around 30 miles.

I have decided to try the treadmill again and have figured out a way of walking, burning calories on it, without it trying to kill me...LOL  I start off at incline 5, working my way up to incline 7 then working my way down to incline 5 again.  I can burn 400 calories in 40 minutes and walk 2 miles doing that.

Anyway, it means I have managed to lose 24lbs in 11 weeks, so I have 1lb to lose before I have my telephone appointment with the doctor on December 21st.  Hubby has also lost 21lbs which is a bonus.  This 25lb goal is of my own setting, not the doctors.

Could I murder a chocolate bar.....of course!!  We both have Lindt chocolate advent calendars to help with my sweet tooth.  I look forward to eating my one chocolate every day.

(image credit)

I will say there are more mini chocolate balls in it, than anything else.  It's a bit of a disappointment when you open the day's door and all you get is a mini chocolate ball.  I had hoped they were all full sized truffles.....

So there you go, a bit of an update.  I have blood work done this week, so it will be interesting to see if my numbers have come down for my diabetes.  I am guessing so due to the weight loss.  You can tell now that we have both lost weight, so it is encouraging.  We just have to keep on with it.




11 comments:

barbara woods said...

Thats Great. I might could lose some but hubby want go on a diet

Maggie said...

Congratulations on the weight loss, it's not easy.

William Kendall said...

After my fall I feel very cautious about doing so again.

William Kendall said...

I've become cautious about falling since my last spill.

Joy said...

I think you are doing really well - good for you.
xx

Caree Risover said...

Oh yes, our big treat for a longtime has been one square a day of 90% cocoa solids Lindt chocolate. Enjoy!

My Piece of Earth said...

Good for you on losing that weight, have you been on diet too or just watching carbs? I did not do much walking in the icy weather, out today, lovely day here.
Keep up the good work.

Jackie said...

Great job on the weight loss. I am sure your doctor will be very happy even if he didn't tell you to lose that much.

Ever since I slipped on ice and broke my wrist a few years back I make sure I put my ice cleats on when walking outside. Love those things.

God bless.

Margie said...

Keep up the good work!

I also would have expected more truffle balls based on the packaging.

Thanks for the visit. The timbiebs just tasted like regular timbits to me. LOL.

slugmama said...

You got this girl!

Sandy said...

Spotted you on a mutual friends blog, so thought I'd pop in for a visit. Always fun to meet new people. Sorry to hear about the fall. Have you seen those spiky things you strap on your feet? I see them advertised alot, but no clue how well they work...but they look like they would be a good thing. I also do lots of walking, but hate to walk outside in the cold, snow and or ice. I used to go to the gym to use the treadmill and that was ok, listening to music while you walked, though I never did the incline, never thought about for some reason. But, haven't been to the gym since Covid. People breathing hard, with mouths open...sometimes gasping doesn't sound like a good situation. So instead am trying to do yoga, planks, and a wonder arm exercise thing. I do well with multiple days in the row and then........not. Am constantly starting over. Good luck with your weight loss, hope your bruising heals quickly. Luckily I do not have a sweet tooth and rarely eat candy. But, my weakness is wine. Do swing by for a visit.

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...