Saturday, January 11, 2014

Still decluttering and a blast from the past.....

Found a home for the 100+ Prima magazines.  I dropped off a pile of stuff at our charity shop where I participate in the window auctions and mentioned to her about the Prima magazines and she said please drop them off there.  Also have a pile of This Old House magazines and she wants them also.  So I need to drive up there next week and drop everything off.  It is very liberating getting rid of all this stuff and it less to move to the other house.

I do need to go through the Christmas stuff and donate a lot of that as well.  Wrong time of year though to donate Christmas things, but again I don't want to move it.  I have decided less is more though!!!

One thing I do when painting is play music on the tv. This is one song that I thought was so nice:
Even the picture is lovely.

Do you remember this song?

7 comments:

Angela said...

I DO love 'Puff' - written by Petter Yarrow, of PP&M [correct lyrics here by the way http://www.peterpaulandmary.com/music/f-02-05.htm - it was years before I knew how to spell Honah Lee properly] I used to sing Puff to my children when they were tiny.
You are so very good decluttering 100 prima magazines. I have 100 or so Martha Stewart Living mags, which I am reluctant to discard. Maybe one day...
Hope all is well with you, esp weatherwise

blessings xx

Justine said...

How do you get your reactions on your blog?

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Ah yes, Puff the Magic Dragon -- quite controversial in my day -- all the parents thought it was about drugs. Who knows. In my still-twelve-year-old mind, I still believe it was about a dragon. Peter, Paul and Mary were/are one of my favorite all time groups -- I tend to be a folk song kinda gal -- all the 60's protest stuff which also sent parents into heart-attack mode. Maybe because I really liked Grace Slick and her white rabbit song? My poor parents.

Piece by Piece said...

I am in the process of cleaning my sewing room and was able to take several years of quilting magazines to the charity shop yesterday. It feels good to get rid of stuff I don't need but someone else might.
Foggy here this a.m. a lot of snow gone.....to make room for more. LOL

Anne said...

Puff the magic dragon was one of my favourites as a child.
I think you might be surprised that people do buy christmas things in charity shops at this time of year.

Rose said...

I have always loved Puff the Magic Dragon! I like to listen to music when house cleaning...I love it blasting so don't get to do that much with Roger being retired.

As for less is more...I definitely agree with that.

Terra said...

Oh the word declutter resonates with me, tis my theme for this year. I am accomplishing it bit by bit. You are doing great to find homes for the magazines. Yes, Puff the Magic Dragon is a neat song.

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...