Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Busy Monday

I spent part of Monday morning filling and sanding the nail holes in the baseboard in the basement, then painting them. I have another coat to do today and that's another job taken care off in the basement.

In the afternoon I sewed this months block of the month for my quilting club and it is called Whirlpool.  I found this a fiddly block and YOU MUST follow the pressing instructions to the letter, otherwise you're seams may not join correctly.  Although the photo makes the block look blue it is purple.
I have five blocks done so far and will be picking up the instructions for the 6th one on Thursday:
With some of the blocks I am going to make a large table runner for our kitchen table, as I don't like the finishing kit that they are offering.

While I was sewing I was listening the a cd called Aquarius by the Danish group Aqua.  Do you remember them?  They were big in the late 1990'a to the early 2000.




I love the way Lene sings this song:

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your quilting is coming along great! I bought that Aqua album for my kid and we used to dance around to it - my favourite song on it was "Roses Are Red"!

Cindy@NorthofWiarton said...

Purple is not my colour, but all the hard work and pattern is wonderful, Gill.

Debby said...

Beautiful blocks!! I stink at pressing fussy blocks, they always turn out lummpy

~Carla~ said...

I love your blocks!! They look soo perfect! That's one think i need to work on, my seams *rarely* align!! lol!

Jane and Chris said...

I'd still be struggling with the first block!!
Jane x

Em Parkinson said...

Those blocks look very complicated....my head is spinning at the very thought!

Rose said...

The block shows purple on my computer...I like it but can see why you call it a fiddly block. All the ones you have made are pretty.

I don't remember the group Aqua...but in the second song, I sort of feel like I have heard her voice.

Lena said...

Great job on quilting!! I've been doing some sanding and painting here too :)I love what a difference a coat of paint makes!

The Witch said...

Gill,
Love your quilting block. Such happy and bright colours. I think they would make a beautiful table runner. Can't wait to see the final works.

John Going Gently said...

You are always busy are you not Gil x

Jane said...

Funny, I've never heard of that band - she has a very unique voice! I look forward to seeing the blocks put together!

angela said...

Your blocks look great! haha yes the pressing is an important step that must be done right.

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...