Saturday, August 25, 2018

New project I am working on...

I am putting together along with my friend Angie this learning to knit project bags for the women (and possibly men) in Northern Canada.

I am making small project bags, and inside of them I am putting a simple knitted hat pattern, a ball of yarn, a stitch marker and a pair of small circular needles.  All in all enough to make an adult knitted hat. 
Angie is going to donate the needles, and will also be asking her store patrons for donations for the needles.  I will supply the rest and the shipping; unless anyone wants to donate some items?

I wanted to use the circular needles as they fit really well in the project bags.

I will be putting together 10 sets for this first shipment and hope to get them off by the beginning of September.  I haven't made up my mind yet, exactly who will be getting them, as there are a couple of options.  I am not sure to donate to the elderly or to younger girls/women?

Any input would be welcome?

8 comments:

Joy said...

A splendid idea!
xx

William Kendall said...

Perhaps both?

mamasmercantile said...

So generous, a lovely idea.

sandi s said...

I think what you all are doing is wonderful. I’d like to donate something towards shipping. Let me know how to do that. Hugs,

Jackie said...

Great idea. Let me know the next time you do this and I will go through my stash to see what yarn I can donate. Is there a specific type of yarn you want?

God bless.

angela said...

What a lovely idea!
Well done to your and your friend xx

Winifred said...

That's a brilliant idea Gill.
x

Gill - That British Woman said...

thank you everyone for your kind comments.

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...