Monday, August 28, 2017

Easy Peasy Headband

All done and very happy with it.

There is really no pattern I just made it up.  I wanted a light weight headband for the Fall.  This is perfect for what I wanted.  

Needles US 5/3.75 mm
Leftover yarn, mine was a baby type, so nice and soft.  Any will do though, as gauge doesn't matter.

Cast on 28 stitches, and knit garter stitch (all knit........see told you it couldn't be simpler!!) until it measures around 18 inches; or goes around your head. Cast off.

Sew ends together.

Cast on 10 stitches and knit garter stitch until the piece measure the same as the height of the band.  Sew the ends together making sure the headband is in between it, see picture above.  I attached a couple of stitches to the actual headband so the "knot" stayed in the one place and I also made sure the "knot" covered where I had joined the ends of the headband together.

Not sure if any of that makes any sense at all?  If not correct me or ask me for more details....LOL

4 comments:

mamasmercantile said...

A beautiful make and just perfect for those cooler days.

William Kendall said...

Well done!

Jane said...

The headband turned out nicely! I've been wearing one as well - it's been so cold in the mornings already!! A bit unseasonal I must say!

angela said...

Looks lovely. And yes it all makes sense.
I really wanted a pic of you modelling it!

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...