Monday, July 4, 2016

The 1980's called and they want their paint colour back...LOL

Busy painting the back room downstairs a delightful Seafoam Green colour.
Now before you ask, no I didn't go out of my way to pick this colour, I thought I would try and save some money by picking up a mistint colour and when I saw this colour it was darker.  So mixed in a can of white and out popped Seafoam Green...........am I lucky or what!

The saving grace in all of this is that the room has no windows and it is closed off with a door.  So unless you want to go to this particular room, or the cold cellar, you don't see it.

I think when I get the whole of the room finished it will look fine.  I am painting all the trim and doors white and we are putting down a vinyl plank floor that looks like wood (I think).

At the end of the day we are using this room for mainly storage, and possibly a sewing room.  Now should I paint the rest of the basement peach.............okay, okay I am joking, it will be builder's beige, except on my paint chart it's called Feather Stone.

I do have a recommendation for primer/undercoat for the folk in Canada and the States.  I used Behr Premium Plus Primer.  I got it from Home Depot and was very happy with it.  You are buying it for it's sealing powers more than how white it goes on the walls.  There is not a lot of pigment in the primer, so it goes on very patchy.  However I found because it seals the walls well, it does not suck in as much paint when you come to put your top coats of paint on.

I will show finished photos of the rooms when done.

2 comments:

William Kendall said...

Just don't go with mustard yellow!

Jenn Jilks said...

Paint it the way you want it! You will love it!

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...