Sunday, July 3, 2016

Five things that make me happy, and one thing that's p*ssing me off...

Carla posted about this yesterday, so I figured I would "borrow" her idea and do my list.  Must say though I can come up with more things that are driving me potty than good things at the moment, but here goes.

1. I was so happy that I didn't go to the Blue Jays game on Friday, as they played 19 innings, yes you read that right, NINETEEN

2. Glad to be living in a great country, and we have now celebrated our 27th Canada Day in Canada.

3. Got to see Nora and Paige on Saturday and I hope to see, all five of the grandchildren all together later in the week.

4. Picked up more paint for the basement, on sale and had a coupon for $5 and bought enough paint to fill out my card for a free can of paint.  So all in all I saved over $75.

5. Happy that dh was able to have a three day weekend.  There was a chance he was going to have to work.

Now for the thing I am irritated with..........ME

I am still sick.  Can you believe it.  I think though I am leaning more and more towards a sinus thing/allergies.  I bought a nasal spray on Friday, but as yet it's making no difference.  I am on allergy pills and have been for a while.  My throat though still feels red raw and I am still so tired.  It will be two weeks on Wednesday since I started feeling unwell.  So I may make an appointment to see the doctor (hopefully) for Thursday (if he has room) to see what he says?  (They have all been full of cold at daughter's house, so I knew I couldn't infect them with anything.  That's why we went for a visit.)

Finally a Happy Birthday to future daughter-in-law; it's her birthday today!


11 comments:

angela said...

Hope the doctor is able to halp you. Feel better soon

Callie Brady said...

Happy Canada Day! Hope you will be feeling well soon. Sore throat colds are a bummer.

jennywren said...

Could your allergy be anything to do with the painting you've been doing? Is the basement confined or fairly open? If it could be that you could always wear some kind of face mask sooner than having to stop.

Linda aka Crafty Gardener said...

I've been sick too and so has my neighbour. She said the doctor told her it was all allergy related and because we have had so little rain there is nothing to get rid of the cause of the allergies so it just keeps building up. At times it has felt like I've lost my voice, I'm constantly sneezing and my eyes are itchy, my throat is sore. This is my worst time of year for seasonal allergies and some days are better than others.

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Gill -- sadly it is probably allergies. It has been a miserable allergy season here in Texas. Also, all the work on the house could be giving your problems. Nineteen innings? I wouldn't have wanted to be there either! Get well, soon, friend.

~Carla~ said...

19 innings... Good Lord! LOL!!! That would have been a LONG game to sit through... Wow. Great job on the paint savings.. Awesome! I hope the Dr is able to figure out what's going on! Xo

Betsy said...

Happy Canada Day! I hope you start feeling better very soon. Being sick in the summer is especially irritating, (at least I think so.)
Blessings,
Betsy

Boopnut said...

Oh I hope you don't have strept! Get well soon!
Deb

Jackie said...

I do hope you feel better soon.

God bless.

William Kendall said...

I hope the doctors can help- particularly if it's a sinus infection, in which case you'd need meds. Maybe try sleeping sitting in an easy chair if possible.

19 innings... what a game!

Terra said...

You had some nice happy things and I hope you will be well soon.

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...