Sunday, November 24, 2013

It's been a few days since my last blog post, hasn't it?

Last week was a busy week and in all honesty this coming week isn't looking much better.  Will say though I am very pleased to announce that I have all my Christmas cards written, the dreaded Christmas letter written and everything is ready to mail out for tomorrow.  Here's hoping I get change out of $40 for mailing just the British Christmas cards.  I'll let you know.

On Wednesday I went down to dd and son-in-law's to do some batch cooking for them.  Also to have some Nora time!!!

She seems to be doing fine, not that I had much conversation with her as she was asleep most of the time.  However she did let off the biggest fart for such a small baby.  All her newborn clothes are still too big, but she is feeding well and has plenty of dirty diapers, so that's a good sign, right?  She also had her first "photo shoot," as her parents wanted baby photos taken of her.  She slept right through the session.

I will be seeing her on Wednesday when I go down again.

We didn't go this weekend, as we had things to do to get ready for winter, which included putting up the snow fences.  As it was it was a heck of a shock to get up to all the snow we got overnight on Saturday.  It took dh an hour and a half to blow out the driveway.

One thing we have going on this week is I have arranged for two real estate agents to visit the house on Thursday and Friday to see what they say about the house and any suggestions they have.  Also I want to see what they can offer us and what their plan of action would be for our house if we signed with them.  I am favouring one agent as I have met her and talked to her.  The other lady (both are women) is a lot younger and maybe not as experienced in this area.  Regardless I'll give both of them a fair shot and see who we like better.

So it will be a major cleaning and tidying up week for me.  I also have a few little jobs that need to be accomplished in amongst hands.  Dh got a number of little jobs crossed his list this weekend so that is good.

Look out for a before and after post tomorrow!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have so much going on! I can't believe how much snow you got. Best wishes to Baby and her parents (and grandparents!), and best of luck with the real estate appointments!

Anonymous said...

The snow is beautiful but your granddaughter is beyond beautiful. So peaceful looking also(for now lol).

Good luck withe the real estate agent

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

HI Gill! Nora really is beautiful, and holding a sweet little baby like that really does put things into perspective, doesn't it?

You have a busy week, and I continue to be in awe of all you get done--I'm no where close to getting my cards even started... Maybe during Thanksgiving this week! You take care, and hope you have a good week!!

Jane and Chris said...

Ah, bless her! (xxx from aunty Jane).
The snow was horrid wasn't it? And today's cold?!!
Janex

Rose said...

I can't believe you got that much snow! Sounds like you are busy as usual...Nora is adorable. Sounds like a good baby, too.

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...