Monday, December 24, 2012

Christmas Eve, a scarf and a soup tureen.

Here we are on Christmas Eve and it's a case of if it's not ready now it never will be!!!  The veggies to peel for tomorrow, a couple of desserts to make including the Pear, Raspberry and Almond Tart we had a few years, that I posted about here. Also making Chocolate Cheesecake Candy Cane Bars, the recipe for that is here.

Thought I'd show off my scarf I finished it over the weekend, looks okay.  I see Michaels has similar type of yarn on sale so will maybe pick up a couple more balls, as they make great presents.

Jane how are you getting on with yours?

Wanted to show you my latest purchase from the charity shop.  Its a Bishop & Stonier tureen, minus the lid, I think?  Its in the dalrymple green pattern, here is a link to the blue pattern  I would love to know more, but I have come to a dead end?  I paid $15 for it.
The detail is wonderful.  There are a couple of chips and signs of wear, but I don't care.
The back mark on the pieces confirm who made it and dates it between 1891 - 1939

I have bids in on a number of other items over the next couple of weeks including a Shelly Cup and Saucer.

There will be a post tomorrow, but I do want to wish you all a very Merry Christmas to those of you who are popping by today.  Have a lovely time and a great meal.

Today's Christmas Song is lovely:

16 comments:

Cath said...

Merry Christmas Gill , have a lovely time.
Thanks for visiting my blog and commenting , I couldn't reply as your profile is set to no reply , but I do appreciate it .
Take care .XXX

T'Pol said...

Merry Christmas!

Fishcake_random said...

Have a Merry Christmas Gill.
Love your tureen!!!

x x x

Kaisievic said...

Merry Christmas, Gill, have a lovely time with your family tomorrow. Love your scarf and your "new" soup tureen. All of your food sounds lovely.

Jane and Chris said...

Love the scarf!
I've only done an hours worth on it so far...been too busy baking and cooking,catching cats and keeping the fire going!
Jane x

Buttons Thoughts said...

Merry Christmas Gill to you and yours love the scarf. B

Valerie said...

Christmas greetings, Gill. Hope you have a wonderful time.

Love the scarf. It is very attractive.

Stella Jones said...

Yes that's a very nice scarf, very pretty. I also love the tureen. Maybe if you keep your eyes peeled, the lid may turn up. If it doesn't, no matter you can still use it and it is sooo right for Christmas. Love that older design.
Happy cooking, Happy Christmas.

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Merry Christmas, Gil! I hope you have a wonderful holiday and I love your scarf!

Jackie McGuinness said...

Merry Christmas to you and yours!!!

You are right, gill, the book Wish You Were Here was way too sad to read at any time!!

Karine said...

Merry Christmas Gill, enjoy the Holiday with your family!

Connie said...

Thank you for your kind words Gill. Merry Christmas to you and your family as well.

Lovely scarf. It turned out beautifully. Did you enjoy creating it?

megan blogs said...

Merry/Happy Christmas, Gill! Love the scarf-it's quite festive.

Lovely tureen.

Debby said...

A very Merry Christmas to you Gill!!

Cash Only Living said...

Merry Christmas Gill and the scarf is beautiful!!!

Anonymous said...

I like the picture of you, Gill. And the scarf is a nice accomplishment!

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...