Friday, August 5, 2011

Now I wouldn't say no to this house or this cottage........

http://www.torontolife.com/daily/informer/gimme-shelter/2011/08/03/house-of-the-week-hoggs-hollow-home/

Check out the photos, the kitchen in the pool house is a heck of a lot nicer than our kitchen.  Very lush gardens as well.  Mind you I wouldn't want to live downtown Toronto and for that price I could get a huge estate where we live.

Still it is decorated nicely, other than the art work in the foyer!

Then if you get tired of the city life I guess you could go and spend weekends at this "cottage," and yes they are calling it a cottage:

http://www.torontolife.com/daily/informer/gimme-shelter/2011/07/29/cottage-of-the-week-georgian-bay-mansion/

The bloody boathouse if probably bigger than our house!!!

This is just the cutest wedding video you have to watch.

5 comments:

~Carla~ said...

Can I come & visit when you get this house?!?! ;) lol!!

MyBulletinBoard said...

If I'm going to pay 3.7 mil for a house I'd want it to have a better address than Hoggs-anything. The kitchen is just too plain. My rows of grain buckets would definitely clash with the sterile decor. And that faux chandelier would be coated with airborne grease in no time from frying eggs and potato cakes. So, I'd have to have a maid to keep up with the cleaning. You see where this is going, don't you? Right down hill. Money pit. Let's just stay put, all of us. LOL ~Liz

Iris said...

Ahhh, now both houses are, of course, what's considered magnificent. But it often seems that these huge clonkers are inhabited by only two people (a middle aged well-to-do couple) who really don't need all that space. I dream of owning my own house one day, but I would like it to be much more cozy and much more manageable. But in the meantime: "A girl can dream ..."

cheshire wife said...

Very nice, but think of the maintenance. I struggle to keep on top of our four bed cottage.

Stella Jones said...

nah! you'd soon get fed up cleaning all those bathrooms!

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...